Jannine Weigel, also known as Ploychompoo, is a Thai singer and actress. After acting, she started gaining recognition in her country Klai Khae Nai Khue Klai (2013) by Getsunova.
Her popularity has further increased by starting her YouTube channel, where she posts various content including song covers. She also started working to build her acting career.
After moving to Thailand from Germany, she started modeling at the age of 10. A year later, this Leo girl started to venture into the music industry.
She underwent three months of intensive training to prepare for her singing career.
After that, she participated in a children’s singing competition Singing children. The German-born girl finished third.
Her appearance on the show drew interest from entertainment company GMM Grammy. Janine became his apprentice in 2012 before emerging as a full-fledged artist.
During her trainee years, she appeared in Getsunova’s music video Klai Khae Nai Khue Klai (How far is it until I get close to you?).
Jaini also started her YouTube channel at this time. Started making covers of such popular songs Jar of Hearts By Christina Perri, Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, and Payphone By Maroon 5.
These covers received millions of views and gained her popularity even before her official debut. Under the GMM Grammys, Janine released her first single Chak Din Chak Nago In 2015.
She also appeared in the original soundtrack for the horror film Senior With the song Tho doen khao ma (You went in).
The song won her Best Original Song at the 2016 Thailand National Film Association Awards.
Later, the talented singer released many more songs like Away and Bick of You with GMM Grammy.
She has also titled 2 EPs origin (2015) and the deep end (2017), both songs are in English.
In June 2018, Janine separated from GMM Grammy. As of 2019, this young artist is signed under RedRecords.
The label is a joint venture between Universal Music Group and AirAsia Group. Janine has released a single with them passcode In 2020.
Apart from being an actress, the girl born in 2000 has also appeared in several films.
Her most notable roles have come from horror comedy films Pee Nak In 2019. For her role as Jui in the film, Janine was nominated for Best Southeast Asia Act at the MTV EMA Seville.
- Real name: Jannine Parawie Weigel
- Stage Name: Jannine Weigel
- Nickname: Jannine, Ploychompoo
- Date of Birth: July 30, 2000
- Birthplace: Steinfurt, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Zodiac: Leo
- Nationality: Thai
- Religion: Christian
- Occupation: Singer, Actress
- Education: Berklee College of Music, Faculty of Liberal Arts Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University
- Hobbies: Singing, playing basketball and swimming.
- Facebook: Jannine Weigel Official
- Twitter: @thejanninew
- Instagram: @jannineweigel
- Tiktok :-
- YouTube: Jannine Weigel Official
- Website: www.jannineweigelofficial.com
Height, weight and physical appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5”)
- Weight: 44 kg (97 lb)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements:-
- Shoe Measurements:-
- Dress Size:-
Boyfriend and dating history
She has never been involved in a publicly known relationship. She tends to keep her personal and dating life private.
Her net worth is unknown, but various sources estimate it to be around $2 million. She mostly earns from her career in the entertainment industry.
- Janine’s family consists of father, mother and three elder brothers.
- Her father is German, while her mother is Thai.
- The Thai nickname of this talented singer is Ploychompoo which means Pink Sapphire.
- Her favorite colors are green, purple, pink and blue.
- Some of her favorite foods are tom yum kung, pizza, fried chicken and lemonade.
- Janine also likes to eat north-eastern Thai food.
- She has a dog named Melody.
- She can speak Thai, German and English.
- The young actress is learning Vietnamese and Mandarin.
- She is the first Thai singer to reach 1 million subscribers on Youtube in just 2 years.
- She has received a Youtube Gold Play Button.
- Janine wants to be the kind of performer who can connect with her audience. A person who is able to share his feelings, be it happiness, sadness and everything in between.
- Her ideal type is…
- Pee Nak (2018), as Jui
- black moon (2018), as multiple roles
- Diary (2018), as GG
- love score (2018), as music
- Senior (2015), as Athiti/Mon
- Khitratchaniphon (2015), as Dao
- Mass suicide (2012)
T. V. series
- When I was 16 years old (True4U ⏐ 2020) so da
- Dream Kishore (ThaiPBS⏐ 2020), as nom
- Game of Thrones (HBO ⏐ 2017), as Arya Stark (Thai dub voice).
- my secret friend (YouTube ⏐ 2017), as a DJ
- U-Prince series (GMM25 ⏐ 2017), as pinyin
- #Ped Idol (GMM25 ⏐ 2016), as Saengdaet
- Love Songs, Love Serials (GMM25 ⏐ 2016), as Mi
- Banlang Mek (“Throne of the Clouds”) (A HD⏐ 2015), as Win
“I don’t want to be an artist because I love it. I want to sing and make music because I want to connect with my audience, I want to share my feelings, my joys, my sorrows and everything in between. I want them to feel like I’m there for them and feel like I’m not there sometimes.”
“I’ve loved music ever since I can remember.”
“When I started working as an extra in commercials and TV spots, I realized I wanted to try something different. So at the age of 11, I went to participate in a singing competition and that really got me interested in music and wanted to pursue it as a hobby.”
“If I hadn’t gone down this path, I think I would have become a professional swimmer instead. I did this for 4 years when I was younger and we would travel to different cities in Germany to compete.
“I probably became a designer and went into fashion, because I remember how much I loved my mother doing that when I was little.”
“Passcode really marked a new chapter in my life. Although I had done songs in English before, it was mostly as an independent artist, where I would invest with my own personal finances and do most things myself.”
“I started with music when I was 12, that’s when I started my YouTube channel. Back then, I was already in a (Thai) label but I was still a trainee so I had a lot of free time. That’s why I started my YouTube channel. It pretty much took off from there.”
“I try to make my music as inspiring as possible. So I think it’s inspiring? Haha.”
“My mother instilled in me a passion for music. Since I was 3 years old, she always made me sing karaoke and I loved it.”
Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande say, “My music is mostly influenced by female singers. I think they are all amazing actors and watching their shows is just mesmerizing. I hope one day I can entertain as well as them.”
” I can basically read, write and speak 3 languages English, German and Thai. Being mixed-race (German-Thai) and my parents speaking to me/each other in different languages. I really want to learn more languages but I’m too busy right now!”
“I actually want to do a horror film, either a ghost or a slasher film. I just love those things. I like to play scared a lot I guess. I would love to play a role like the lead actress in an orphan movie!”
“Always try to find a way to get closer to your dream. Don’t just wait for opportunities, you need to run for them. Whatever you do will not be in vain, I believe that whatever God has placed in your heart is for a purpose.”
Photo by Jannine Weigel
1. Janine in all black
2. She looks really cool and funny here
3. She is so effortlessly beautiful
4. Janine wearing a dress fit for a princess
5. You can see her exact face in this close-up
Janine Weigel has had such an amazing career in the entertainment industry. Be it singer or actress, her next projects will be exciting to watch.
#Jannine #Weigel #Bio #Profile #Facts #Age #Boyfriend #Ideal #Type