Melanie Martinez is an American singer, songwriter and actress. She gained traction after appearing in the American version of voice In 2012. She made her debut in 2015 cry baby studio album.
As a musician, she has sold 2.5 million certified albums and 15.5 million certified singles in the US, according to the RIAA.
Before auditioning for voice, Melanie Martinez participated in a talent competition called the Varsity Talent Show. She sang The Beatles and The Four Tops.
She auditioned for voice in 2012 and chose singer Adam Levine as her coach.
She was eliminated in the fifth week by audience vote. After performing above voice Melanie launched her first single doll house In 2014.
That same year, the singer signed with Atlantic Records and released an EP doll house. The song has been certified gold by the RIAA.
She produced the title single mercy party And Soap In June and July 2015. Melanie finally released her album cry baby In August. It peaked at #6 on the Billboard 200 and was certified platinum.
In 2019, she directed and produced a film K-12 and appeared in the web series titled Extra credit.
The singer was nominated for a Billboard Music Award for Top Soundtrack category in 2020.
- Full Name: Melanie Martinez
- Stage Name: Melanie Martinez
- Nickname: Melanie
- Birthday: April 28, 1995
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Education: Baldwin High School
- Hobbies: Singing and photography
- Facebook: @melaniemartinezmusic
- Twitter: @MelanieLBBH
- Instagram: @littlebodybigheart
- TikTok: @littlebodybigheart
- YouTube: melanie martinez official
Height, weight and physical appearance
- Height: 158 cm (5’2″)
- Weight: 48 kg (99 lbs)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: 33-24-32 (Bust-33, Waist-24, and Hips-32 inches)
- Shoe Size: 5.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Father: Jose Martinez
- Mother: Mary Martinez
- Brother: Joseph Timothy Martinez
- Boyfriend: Oliver Tree Nickel
Boyfriend and dating history
She started dating her producer and musician Michael in 2015.
Not much is known about their relationship except that they broke up in early 2016 due to unknown reasons.
In 2016, she is rumored to be dating Brandon, a model and actor. That being said, neither side has ever addressed the speculation.
She and Oliver, who is a rapper, had been friends for some time and had shown their social media interactions several times before their relationship went public.
The couple announced that they were officially dating around September 2019, by posting their pictures alternative press With relationship confirmation.
A year later, in July 2020, she unfollowed his Instagram account and the pair deleted their entire photos from their respective Instagram pages.
She confirmed their separation via an Instagram Story on May 2021, stating that they broke up on good terms.
Her net worth is estimated by several sources to be around $8 million. She earned most of her earnings from her singing career.
She has released a total of three studio albums, cry baby (2015), K-12 (2019), and Portals (2023). She has also released an EP titled in 2020 After school.
As cited by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), she has sold 2.5 million certified albums and 15.5 million certified singles in the US.
Accused of sexually assaulting her friend
In early December 2017, a woman named Timothy Heller, who claimed to be her friend, tweeted that Melanie sexually assaulted and raped her.
Melanie posted a response to the allegations and denied them, calling her “scared and sad”. She also said that the accuser did not say no [they] chose to unite.
She issued another statement less than a week later, thanking her fans for calling the allegations “false” and saying she would never be intimate with another person without their full consent.
- Melanie is bisexual.
- She is of Dominican and Puerto Rican descent.
- Melanie’s favorite show growing up was Rain and Stimpy.
- Dylan Sprouse is her celebrity crush.
- Melanie still has her baby teeth.
- She has stitches on her arm and chin.
- She is allergic to red apple and does not like to eat vegetables.
- Melanie likes to eat chocolate chip cookies and other types of chocolate.
- Cookies and Cream is her ice cream flavor.
- She likes to watch American Horror Story And stranger things.
- Her favorite book is Go ask Alice And her favorite movie is Alice (1988).
- Her favorite visual artists are Nicoletta Ceccoli and Mark Tieden.
- Five and three are her lucky numbers.
- Melanie has several tattoos; Her favorite is a rabbit named Winnie.
- Her favorite songs are for her works After school, Test meAnd Mrs. Potato Head.
- She is often compared to Lana Del Rey and the Dresden Dolls.
- Her musical influences include The Beatles, Zooey Deschanel and Neutral Milk Hotel.
- She peels off her cuticles when she feels anxious.
- She made a donation to Cancer Research UK in September 2014.
- Melanie designed a toy and sold it as a donation to a NZ charity in 2016.
- In 2017, Timothy Heller filed a complaint against her for raping and sexually assaulting her.
- She denied the statement, saying Melania would never be intimate without her partner’s consent.
- She saw her boyfriend alternative press 2019, in which she became a guest editor.
- Her ideal type is…
- K-12 (2019), as Cry Baby
programs on TV
- Extra credit (YouTube Premium ⏐ 2019-2020), as himself
- voice (NBC ⏐ 2012), as Himself (Competitor)
“I believe that everyone should be equal, and we should all love and support each other and express ourselves the way we want to be and be who we want to be. This is my motto.”
“I used music as therapy and accepted being a cry baby.”
“Everyone is allowed to be vulnerable. I think women and men and dogs and cats and ants and aliens can all express themselves and be vulnerable.
“I want to encourage people to be themselves and express themselves however they want. Melanie Martinez I really like milk. I am the Dairy Queen.”
“I love Sia and how she hides her face. If I could do it, I absolutely would. “
“I was always called a cry baby and I was one. I cried a lot as a child. In fact, I still cry a few times a day. I’m still a cry baby.”
“I always cling to things that remind me of being young again.”
“Part of America’s problem is that letting go of emotion is seen as a weakness, but it’s my strength. That allowed me to write my songs.”
“I would definitely love to collaborate with The Weeknd.”
“When I finish my last album, I want to make a movie that tells the story of all the albums I’ve put together with Tim Burton. This is my biggest dream.”
“I’ve always been a fan of honest storytelling.”
“I want to make as many albums as possible before I die.”
Photos by Melanie Martinez
1. Melania looks feminine with a pink dress
2. Melania wears terrible makeup
3.She looks like a doll!
4. Her dress blends well with her hair
5. She included two dolls for her hair accessories
Melanie Martinez’s dream of becoming a singer has come true. She has gained immense popularity and following.
#Melanie #Martinez #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Boyfriend #Ideal #Type