Hunter Schafer is an American actress and model. She is best known for her role in HBO rapture (2019–present), which also marked her on-screen debut and earned her critical acclaim and nominations.
Before starting her journey in the arts and entertainment industry, Hunter Schafer had already faced many ups and downs in her career.
Initially wanting to be a fashion designer, the Capricorn actress started modeling as a runway model in 2017 to learn more about the fashion world and found opportunities in the industry.
After entering various modeling agencies such as Community in New York, Why Not Model Management in New York, and Premier Model Management in London, the opportunity to reach her dreams became wider.
She then did modeling jobs for several fashion weeks and designer brands, such as Prada, Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Miu Miu, Vera Wang, Thierry Mugler and many others.
Although she landed amazing jobs in modeling, Hunter was very confused about her career path.
To her confusion, she heard about auditions for the 2019 HBO series, rapture who later debuted on that show as Jules.
As a result, her performance as Jules in that show was so good that she received various accolades for her performance.
Later, in 2022, Hunter returned for Schafer rapture The series on its second season, which later gave her more popularity than before.
- Real Name: Hunter Schafer
- Stage Name: Hunter Schafer
- Nickname: Hunter
- Birthday: 31 December 1998
- Birthplace: Trenton, New Jersey, United States
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress, Model
- Education: Needham b. Broughton High School, North Carolina School of the Arts
- Hobbies: Reading, theater plays and artwork
- Instagram: @hunterschafer
Height, weight and physical appearance
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lb)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 31-24-34 (Bust-31, Waist-24, and Hips-34 inches)
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Dress Size:-
- Father: Mac Shaffer
- Mother: Katy Schaeffer
- Brother: 1
- Sister: 2
Boyfriend, girlfriend and dating history
She dated fellow transgender model Massima in 2019.
The couple was spotted spending time together on several occasions. Saying that, they kept their relationship very private. It is not clear why they chose to part ways.
She is dating her co-star Dominic rapture Joe has become her on-screen love interest since the beginning of 2022.
He also revealed that he had signed on of Euphoria The second season is to spend more time with her, among other reasons. He also revealed how they “developed an attraction – it grew so fast”.
Their relationship is getting stronger.
She is estimated by several sources to have amassed a net worth of around $4 million. She seems to have made her fortune mainly through her modeling and acting.
Hunter has modeled for many fashion houses including Dior, Prada, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace, Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang and Coach.
According to media reports, she is getting paid around $50 thousand per episode rapture In total, she earns approximately $1 million per season.
Apart from acting in the series, she also works as a co-writer and co-executive producer of an episode, so that she can earn additional income from it.
- Hunter‘s father works as a Presbyterian minister.
- She and her family had already moved from New Jersey, Arizona to Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Hunter was once involved in opposition to the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act for North Carolina.
- Hunter was added as a plaintiff for Carcano vs. McCrory Trial in her junior high school year.
- As a high school student, she was a semifinalist for the US Presidential Scholars Program.
- Initially, Hunter wanted to attend Central Saint Martins but turned it down to focus on her modeling and acting career.
- Hunter is a trans woman.
- She revealed that the Internet has helped her overcome her gender identity crisis.
- Hunter was once diagnosed with dysphoria when she was in ninth grade.
- She said she is proud to be a trans woman.
- Hunter is an LGBTQ+ advocate.
- She is very fond of fashion.
- She thought being a runway model was a high-paying career until it actually turned out to be the case.
- Actually, she wanted to become a model to earn enough money to afford her tuition fees at a fashion design school.
- She once almost gave up on her own dream and considered going back to school, but auditioned rapture Her life changed forever.
- Hunter doesn’t think she’s fit to be anyone’s role model.
- Early in her transition journey, Hunter wore a lot of makeup to feel good about herself.
- During her time when she was young, she had already portrayed her femininity even though she was born a man.
- Her parents were initially worried whether she was normal or not.
- She said she chose Catwoman and Hawkgirl as her favorite superheroes when her mother asked her when she was 2 years old.
- Hunter also said her mother was so worried that she chose pink clothes over vests and fireman’s gear.
- Actually, it is very difficult for her parents to accept that Hunter is a transgender.
- Before Hunter got into fashion, she wanted to be a comic book artist.
- She was once invited to contribute her sketches to popular fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson’s website.
- Her ideal type is…
- Belle (2022), as Ruka “Ruka-chan” Watanabe (voice).
T. V. series
- Euphoria 2 (HBO | 2022), as Jules Vaughn
- rapture (HBO | 2019), as Jules Vaughan
- 2022 MTV Movie & TV Awards – Best Kiss (shared with Dominic Fike) – rapture
- 2021 International Online Cinema Awards (INOCA) – Best Writing for a Drama Series (Episode: “Fuck Anyway Ain’t a Sea Blob”) – rapture
- 2020 GALECA: Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics – We’re Wild About You! Rising star of the year – rapture
- 2020 Shorty Awards – Best Actor – rapture
“I had never acted before, so I had no idea what I was doing. The casting director of ‘Euphoria’ set me up as an acting coach in New York and it completely opened up my world. The way you learn to use your brain and your emotions.
“When I think of an activist, I think of a community organizer who works daily and directly with community members and works to care for and speak to the community in some way.”
“There was probably a point in my career where people were telling me I was an activist, I accepted that label. But in retrospect, I don’t think I’m what I am – or what I’m about – because I’ve sometimes talked about my identity.”
“A year of modeling taught me a lot. I became very involved in the fashion industry and met people I really liked.
“Ever since I can remember, I have drawn and visual arts have been my main way of expressing myself. I love to dance, although I have never taken it seriously. It’s something I want to explore more.”
“I went to an arts high school and was surrounded by drama students who dreamed of working in the industry. I almost feel guilty, because I didn’t go to acting school.”
“No matter what I’ve worked on or what art methods I’ve studied, it’s always been trying to shape the world.”
“In the entertainment world, you can have more personality and be yourself. We don’t have to look like beauty standards. You can say something provocative.”
Hunter Schafer‘s journey to this point has been a tough one indeed. However, she never gives up and always keeps going. What an ideal!
#Hunter #Schafer #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Height #Boyfriend #Quotes