Julia Garner is an American actress. She is best known for acting The Ozarks (2017–2022), which earned her three Primetime Emmy Awards and several critical accolades.
Other notable acting projects include her American (2015-2018), Finding Anna (2022), Assistant (2019), and The benefits of being a wallflower (2012).
She made her teenage acting debut when she was just 17 years old Martha Marcy May Marlene As Sarah in 2011.
A year later, in 2012, a film director named David Chase offered her a small role in a film. No fade away.
After that job, the Aquarius actress got her first lead role later that year for the eponymous film Electric Boys.
She also landed the role of Susan in the 2012 hit film. The benefits of being a wallflower Starring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson.
A year later, in 2013, Julia starred in a horror film, The Last Exorcism Part II With Ashley Bell, then her role what we are (2013).
Later she became a co-star in a film Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) in which she took on a green screen acting project for the first time.
Julia continued her career by acting in films grandma (2015), Series girls (2016), and also American (2016).
Her career took off in 2017, where she starred in the Netflix series, The Ozarks As Ruth Lang more.
The character subsequently won her the 2019 and 2020 Prime time Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
After her name became more popular, she worked in other acting projects, Modern love (2019), Assistant (2019), and Finding Anna (2022).
- Real Name: Julia Garner
- Stage Name: Julia Garner
- Nickname: Julia
- Birthday: 1 February 1994
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac: Aquarius
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress
- Education: Eagle Hill School, Columbia University
- Twitter: @juliagarner94
- Instagram: @juliagarnerofficial
Height, weight and physical appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 53 kg (117 lb)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 32-25-33 (Bust-32, Waist-25, and Hips-33 inches)
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size:-
- Father: Thomas Garner
- Mother: Tami Gingold
- Sister: Anna Garner
Husbands, boyfriends and dating history
Julia and Mark, who is a musician, first met at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival and developed an instant connection there.
They dated for just 10 months before he proposed to her in May 2019. According to an interview Julia gave to a fashion magazine, the proposal came during their Montana road trip.
The couple tied the knot in a small wedding ceremony at City Hall in New York City, where her parents were married four decades ago.
Several sources online estimate her net worth to be around $3 million. Her main source of income seemed to be her acting career.
- Julia was born in the Riverdale area.
- Her mother works as a therapist.
- Her mother also had a career as a comedian and actress in Israel.
- Julia‘s father is an art teacher and painter.
- She describes herself as half Israeli.
- She frequently visits her mother’s relatives in Israel.
- Julia is able to understand Hebrew.
- At the age of 15, she had already taken acting classes.
- Julia’s husband Mark Foster is a member of Foster the People.
- She married her husband at New York City Hall.
- She was married to Mark for 8 months before getting married.
- Her ideal type is…
- Assistant (2019), as Jane
- Everything Beautiful Is Away (2017), as Rola
- One percent more humid (2017), as Catherine
- Tomato red (2017), as Jamali Merideau
- good boys (2016), as Tinsley
- grandma (2015), as sage
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014), as Marcie
- I believe in unicorns (2014), as Cassidy
- Hair brain (2013), as Shauna Holder
- The Last Exorcism Part II (2013), as Gwen
- what we are (2013), as Rose Parker
- No fade away (2012), as the girl in the car
- The benefits of being a wallflower (2012), as Susan
- Electric Boys (2012), as Rachel McKnight
- Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011), as Sarah
- Finding Anna (Netflix | 2022), stars as Anna Delve
- Modern love (Amazon Prime Video | 2019), as Maddie
- Dirty John (Netflix | 2018-2019), as Terra Newell
- crazy (Netflix | 2018), as Ellie Landsberg
- bend over (Paramount Network | 2018), as Michelle Jones
- The Ozarks (Netflix | 2017), as Ruth Langmore
- Get down (Netflix | 2016-2017), as Claudia Gunns
- girls (HBO | 2016), as Charlie’s roommate
- American (FX | 2015–2018), as Kimberly Breland
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2020 – Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series – The Ozarks
- Fantastic Fest 2013 – Best Actress in a Horror Feature – what we are
- Golden Globe Awards 2021 – Best Supporting TV Actress – The Ozarks
- Columbus Film Critics Association 2020 – Best Actress – Assistant
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards 2018 – Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Miniseries – Dirty John
“If you really love something, keep doing it.”
“I don’t want anyone to have expectations from any of my films; I want them to watch it and then tell me what they think.”
“I go where there’s a good story.”
“People are curious but afraid of things that are uncomfortable.”
“The thing I look for in a script – I don’t look for anything further because you never know where life is going to take you, so you can’t just expect, ‘I want to do this next.’ So I don’t expect anything; I just hope.”
“I think the most important thing for me is how is the character I’m reading for? Is it interesting? Is there anything to do? Are there things you can do with the character? How can you play it? Just the kind of things that are so important to an actor. Also, a good director and good dialogue.
“For my senior year, I’ve been homeschooled. It works well with acting. It’s hard to survive school with acting, but you know, what can you do?”
“I do weird parts – there’s always something wrong with my character or they’re in a really weird situation.”
“‘Beetlejuice’ used to scare me.”
“I have a journal, and every character I play, I write as the character: how I feel about things and how I’m going to play them.”
“I remember my mom being so nervous at the first few auditions. My parents are very supportive, but also very realistic, which is great.”
“I’m the worst liar – I can’t tell a lie for the life of me. And I don’t lie at all, because I’m the worst liar – but as a child I thought I was a great liar, so I would always lie, but everyone knew I was lying.”
“‘When Harry Met Sally’… is probably my favorite movie.”
“My first film festival and my first film I went to, ‘Martha Marcy May Marlene,’ was at Sundance.”
“If a person feels like ‘they don’t know me’… that’s a very important feeling in life, even if it’s not romantic.”
Julia Garner is a loving and independent woman. She is also a successful actress who likes to constantly improve her acting skills. Awesome!
#Julia #Garner #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Height #Husband #Net #Worth