Jennifer Lawrence is a commercially-successful and critically-acclaimed American actress. She’s best known for starrin in the X-Men film series (2011–2019) as Mystique and The Hunger Games saga (2012–2015) as Katniss Everdeen.
She’s named as the highest-paid actress worldwide in 2015 and 2015 with her movies taking more than $6 billion of gross profits. She’s also listed in the 2013 100 most influential people in the world list by Time.
She started her successful acting journey in 2006 when she first appeared in a drama series Monk as a minor role.
Two years later, in 2008, Jennifer Lawrence started to expand her career by appearing in some movies, such as Garden Party, The Poker House, and The Burning Plain.
No longer after that, this Leo actress then got her career breakthrough after starring in a mystery drama movie, Winter’s Bone (2010).
Her role in that movie later earned her various nominations and awards which increase her image as a new rising actress.
In 2011, Jennifer was cast in a Marvel movie, X-Men: First Class, portraying one of the Marvel female characters, Mystique.
That role undeniably raised her popularity even more, which was catalyzed by her next project as the iconic Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games (2012).
In the same year, she also starred in Silver Linings Playbook as Tiffany Maxwell. Again, that role earned her a lot of nominations and awards.
Later, Jennifer continued her acting career by starring in the sequel of X-Men and The Hunger Games.
It started with The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014), and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (2015).
She didn’t stop there because after that she appeared in different movies, Joy (2015), Passengers (2016), Mother! (2017), and Red Sparrow (2018).
And finally, in 2019 she came back to the Marvel movie by becoming Mystique in Dark Pheonix, which is followed by her role in Don’t Look Up (2022) as Kate Dibiasky.
- Real Name: Jennifer Shrader Lawrence
- Stage Name: Jennifer Lawrence
- Nickname: Jennifer
- Birthday: August 15, 1990
- Birthplace: Indian Hills, Kentucky, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Kammerer Middle School
- Hobbies: Playing Guitar, Painting and Surfing
- Parents: (father), (sister)
- Siblings: (brother)
- Boyfriend: Darren Aronofsky (ex-boyfriend), Nicholas Hoult (ex-boyfriend)
- Husband: Cooke Maroney (Married 2019)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 63 Kg (139 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 35-26-36 (Bust -35, Waist -26, and Hips -36 inches)
- Shoe Size: 10.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Father: Gary Lawrence
- Mother: Karen Lawrence
- Brother: Blaine Lawrence, Ben Lawrence
- Sister: –
- Children: Cy Maroney
Boyfriend & Dating History
She started dating Nicholas, who’s her British co-star in X-Men: First Class, in 2010. The couple separated briefly in 2013, before reuniting and finally parted ways for good in August 2014.
Jennifer opened up about feeling lost after their relationship has ended in November 2015, citing that she’s “in a relationship with somebody for five years” and broke up around the time her movies wrapped.”
She admitted that she lost her sense of self without the movies and without him in an interview with ABC News.
They remained as friends and even starred together in X-Men’s Apocalypse (2016) and Dark Phoenix (2019).
She began seeing Christ, who’s the frontman of British rock band Coldplay, in August 2014.
They reportedly dated for four months before calling it quites temporarily in October 2014, and got back together as they were seen on dinner date in December that year.
The couple were seen together multiple times throughout their relationship, mostly in NYC and LA.
That being said, media reports that they eventually split in August 2015. According to sources, Chris didn’t actually want to end the relationship, but Jennifer got exhausted of him being “noncommittal.”
Jennifer appeared to start dating Darren in September 2016 after Mother!, in which she starred as he wrote and directed, filming ended. The couple have 22-year age gap and kept their relationship quite private.
The pair were seen together multiple times, such as having a dinner date in Brooklyn, NYC, around August 2015 and enjoying time in LA around October that year.
However, they reportedly chose to part ways in November 2017 for unknown reasons.
She met Cooke, who’s an art gallery director, around 2018 via their mutual friends as media reported. They were spotted walking together in NYC and revealed PDA multiple times.
The couple got engaged in February 2019. In Naked podcast with Catt Sadler, she opened up about how he’s her “best friend” and how she wants to “legally bind him to me forever.”
They held their wedding reception in October 2019 in Rhode Island, which was attended by more than 130 guests.
The pair welcomed their first born in February 2022, who’s named Cy after Cy Twombly, his favorite painter.
According to multiple sources online, she is estimated to have built a whopping $160 million of net worth. Most of her wealth are acquired through her acting career.
She reportedly was paid $3,000/week for appearing in Winter’s Bone.
For her arguably most popular work, The Hunger Games, she received $500 thousand for the first movie. It experienced a massive success commercially, so her earnings for this series are skyrocketed to $10 million for the 2nd movie to $30 million-$40 million for the 4th movie.
In 2016, she reportedly gained $20 million, a whole $8 million more than Chris Pratt who also takes part in the movie.
She was reportedly paid $25 million for her appearance in Don’t Look Up (2021), in which she acted along with Leonardo DiCaprio.
She purchased a 5,500 sq ft property located in Beverly Hills for $8.2 million in 2014. The house is said to be formerly owned by celebrities such as Jessica Simpson and Ellen DeGeneres.
Jennifer bought an NYC penthouse in 2016 for $15.6 million. It was listed on the market for more than $15 million in 2019, but eventually sold for $9.9 million in 2020.
She paid another apartment located in NYC for $9 million in 2017, which is reportedly rented for $25 thousand to $30 thousand per month.
In October 2020, she purchased another 5,000 sq ft apartment located in NYC for $22 million.
- Jennifer once had a relationship with Nicholas Hoult during the filming process of X-Men: First Class.
- Her relationship with Darren Aronofsky happened when they met in the filming process of Mother.
- Her husband, Cooke, works as an art gallery director.
- She married Cooke in Rhode Island.
- Jennifer lives with her husband in Lower Manhattan, New York City, and also Beverly Hills, California.
- Jennifer once became a victim of the 2014 celebrity nude photo leak.
- She identifies herself as a strong feminist.
- She always promotes body positivity among women.
- Jennifer loves to do charity.
- She once partnered with Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth to publicize poverty and hunger through United Nations.
- Her father works as a construction company owner.
- Her mother is a company manager.
- During childhood, her mother always raised her to be a tough girl.
- Jennifer wasn’t allowed to play with other girls during preschool by her mother.
- She said that she didn’t enjoy her childhood because she was hyperactive and had social anxiety.
- Jennifer revealed her anxiety vanished when performing on the stage.
- When she was at school, she joined some activities, such as basketball, softball, cheerleading, and field hockey.
- Jennifer loves to do horseback riding and visited a local horse farm when she grew up.
- Her ideal type is…
- Don’t Look Up (2022), as Kate Dibiasky
- Dark Phoenix (2019), as Raven Darkhölme / Mystique
- Love, Antosha (2019), as herself
- Red Sparrow (2018), as Dominika Egorova
- Mother! (2017), as Mother
- Passengers (2016), as Aurora Lane
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), as Raven Darkhölme / Mystique
- A Beautiful Planet (2016), as narrator
- Joy (2015), as Joy Mangano
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (2015), as Katniss Everdeen
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014), as Katniss Everdeen
- Serena (2014), as Serena Pemberton
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), as Raven Darkhölme / Mystique
- American Hustle (2013), as Rosalyn Rosenfeld
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013), as Katniss Everdeen
- The Devil You Know (2013), as Young Zoe Hughes
- House at the End of the Street (2012), as Elissa Cassidy
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012), as Tiffany Maxwell
- The Hunger Games (2012), as Katniss Everdeen
- X-Men: First Class (2011), as Raven Darkhölme / Mystique
- The Beaver (2011), as Norah
- Like Crazy (2011), as Sam
- Winter’s Bone (2010), as Ree Dolly
- The Burning Plain (2008), as Mariana
- The Poker House (2008), as Agnes
- Garden Party (2008), as Tiff
- The Bill Engvall Show (TBS | 2007-2009), as Lauren Pearson
- Medium (NBC | 2007-2008), as Claire Chase / young Allison
- Cold Case (CBS | 2007), as Abby Bradford
- Monk (2006), as Mascot
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC | 2017), as host
- Saturday Night Live (NBC | 2013), as host
Music Video Appearances
- The Mess I Made (2018) – Parachute
- People’s Choice Awards 2017 – Favorite Movie Actress – X-Men: Apocalypse
- Golden Globe Awards 2016 – Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy – Joy
- MTV Movie Awards 2016 – Best Hero – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2
- People’s Choice Awards 2015 – Favorite Movie Actress – X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Golden Globe Awards 2014 – Best Actress in a Motion Picture – American Hustle
- British Academy Film Awards 2014 – Best Actress in a Supporting Role – American Hustle
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards 2014 – Best Acting Ensemble – American Hustle
- AACTA International Awards 2014 – Best Supporting Actress – American Hustle
- MTV Movie Awards 2014 – Best Female Performance – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Golden Globe Awards 2013 – Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Silver Linings Playbook
- AACTA International Awards 2013 – Best Actress – Silver Linings Playbook
- Academy Awards 2013 – Best Actress – Silver Linings Playbook
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards 2013 – Best Actress in an Action Movie – The Hunger Games
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards 2013 – Best Actress in a Comedy – Silver Linings Playbook
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards 2013 – Best Acting Ensemble – Silver Linings Playbook
- Empire Awards 2013 – Best Actress – The Hunger Games
- MTV Movie Awards 2013 – Best Female Performance – Silver Linings Playbook
- MTV Movie Awards 2012 – Best Female Performance – The Hunger Games
- Gotham Awards 2010 – Best Ensemble Performance – Winter’s Bone
- Hollywood Film Festival 2010 – New Hollywood Award – Winter’s Bone
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2022 – Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture – Don’t Look Up
- People’s Choice Awards 2018 – Female Movie Star of 2018 – Red Sparrow
- Saturn Awards 2017 – Best Actress – Passengers
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2017 – Favorite Butt-Kicker – X-Men: Apocalypse
- Saturn Awards 2014 – Best Actress – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
- Saturn Awards 2013 – Best Actress – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Satellite Awards 2013 – Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture – American Hustle
- Teen Choice Awards 2014 – Choice Movie Actress – Drama – American Hustle
- Teen Choice Awards 2011 – Choice Movie: Breakout Star – Female – Drama – X-Men: First Class
“If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet,’ I’m like, ‘You can go f— yourself.”
“Be comfortable. What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make other people happy? That’s just dumb.”
“If I don’t have anything to do all day, I might not even put my pants on.”
“I don’t like going out that much. I’m kind of an old lady. After it’s 11, I’m like, ‘Don’t these kids ever get tired?’ When I’m out, I think about my couch. Like, ‘It would be awesome to be on it right now. I bet there’s an episode of Dance Moms on.’”
“I’m a horrible dancer! I’m like a dad at prom. I look like Gumby getting electrocuted.”
“I really would not call myself a fashion icon. I would call myself somebody who gets dressed by professionals. [It’s like], ‘Dance, monkey, dance’ right on the red carpet. I would call me more of a monkey.”
“It doesn’t matter how much money I make, unfairness in prices really fires me up. Like shopping in L.A and a T-shirt costs $150.”
“I put in my time; I lived in a rat-infested apartment when I was 14 and I was told ‘No’ many times. I put my blood, sweat and tears into all of this. It’s easy to look from the outside and see my career grew very fast but there was a time before that career when I was working for it and I definitely wouldn’t have wanted that time to go on any longer.”
“I have an amazing group of friends who are not in the business, who I trust…Because I don’t feel any different…So I surround myself with people who don’t fake laugh at my jokes.”
“I learned that you can’t have any expectations with life. You never know what’s going to happen.”
“I think it’s really important for girls to have people to look up to and to feel good about themselves. I want my body to look fit and strong, not thin and underfed.”
“Things happen to you. But they don’t have to happen to your soul.”
“I’m a big believer in accepting yourself and not really worrying about it.”
“At the end of the day, there’s probably nothing that makes me feel better than junk food and reality TV.”
“You have a choice. You don’t have to be a person who spreads negativity and lies for a living. You can do something good. You can be good. Let’s just make that choice and it feels better.”
“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
“A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence and can be tough but fair and kind. And also knows how to get what she wants.”
“I’m over trying to find the adorable way to state my opinion.”
Jennifer Lawrence is a brave, independent, and high-spirit woman. She is never afraid to speak up for herself and others’ needs. Bravo!
- Rachel Matthews – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Nina Es – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Net Worth, Boyfriend
#Jennifer #Lawrence #Bio #Profile #Facts #Age #Height #Husband