Natalie Portman is an award-winning American actress. Her successful career in acting started when she’s still a teenager by appearing in a number of independent and blockbuster movies, for which she earned various accolades.
Some of her most notable acting projects are including her debut film Léon: The Professional (1994), Star Wars film series, Closer (2004), Black Swan (2010), Jackie (2016), and MCU’s Thor film series.
When she was a kid, Natalie Portman focused her skills on dancing, including ballet and modern dance.
She attended American Theater Dance Workshop also the Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts.
In 1992, she auditioned for Broadway Ruthless!. Then, she got the main role in Léon: The Professional in 1994.
Her first big-budget movie is the first film of the Star Wars series, Episode I – The Phantom Menace as Padmé Amidala.
This role gained global recognition. Then, she played a role in Anywhere but Here and received a nomination for Best Supporting Actress in the Golden Globe Awards.
She also came back to Broadway to joined The Seagull, a Chekhov’s drama. Then, she continued the Star Wars series on Episode II in 2002 and Episode III in the following year.
Between those projects, she played on Closer as a stripper. This role made her get the Best Supporting Actress from the Golden Globe Awards.
In 2008, she was pointed as a jury member at Cannes Film Festival and released her production company named handsomecharlie films.
Her critical performance is on Black Swan as Nina Sayers. She won Best Actress from reputable awards including the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards and BAFTA Award.
- Full name: Neta-Lee Hershlag
- Stage name: Natalie Portman
- Nickname: Nat
- Born: June 9, 1981
- Birthplace: Jerusalem
- Nationality: Israeli and American
- Religion: Jew
- Profession: Actress, filmmaker
- Education: Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Hobbies: Dancing, reading, and ice skating
- Parents: (Mother)
- Sibling: –
- Husband: Benjamin Millepied
- Instagram: @natalieportman
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 160 cm (5’3″)
- Weight: 50 Kg (110 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 34-25-34 (Bust -34, Waist -25, and Hips -34 inches)
- Shoe Size: 6.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Father: Avner Hershlag
- Mother: Shelley Stevens
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
- Children: Aleph Portman-Millepied, Amalia Millepied
Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
She’s linked romantically to Jake in 2002. The pair sparked rumors again as they were seen hanging out together in NYC.
It is not known how long their alleged relationship lasted, but it’s estimated to be a brief romance.
The pair reunited in Brothers (2009).
Gael Garcia Bernal
Media reported that the couple met at an Oscan after-party and then were spotted walking around NYC in 2003. It’s said to be a short-lived romance.
That being said, they were seen together again in 2006. This time, Natalie and Gael were reported to be dating again until 2007. Their reason of separation is not publicly disclosed.
She was seen in public with Nathan for the first time in Septermber 2007, as the couple appeared to be close enough at the US Open game.
It is not known when or why they chose to part ways.
Her connection with Devendra, who’s a Texas-based musician, started when she appeared for his Carmensita music video in March 2008. They were quite often spotted together taking a walk around NYC.
That being said, the couple reportedly had broken up by October that year. A source told the media that their relationship was not “working out” and they were “very different ultimately.”
She began her romance with her now-husband, Benjamin who’s a French dancer and choreographer, in 2009 as both of them met on Black Swan filming set.
They tied the knot three years later in August 2012 with a wedding ceremony held in California.
She hasn’t shared much about her family life. The couple welcomed a son in 2011, named Aleph, and a daughter in 2017, named Amalia.
For a while, the family resided in Paris, as her husband worked at the Paris Opera Ballet. Meanwhile, she’s been living in LA since 2013.
According to multiple sources, her net worth is estimated to be between $90 million to $100 million.
She has built her wealth as one of the most famous actress in the Hollywood industry who has been working since very young.
For her role as Jane Foster in Thor (2011), she reportedly earned $100 thousand. The movie became a massive hit and for its sequel, Thor: The Dark World, she’s estimated to make $1 million according to Vulture.
For the last installment of the series Thor: Love and Thunder, she’s reported to received $1.2 million.
She sold her NYC condo, that’s located in one of the most exclusive building in the entire city, for $6.5 million in 2008.
She bough a property located in Los Feliz, LA, for $3.25 million in 2009. It features 4,000 sq ft of living space, pool, and cutting-edge security system.
In 2017, she purchased a house in Montecito, California, for $6.5 million. It stands on 10 acres of land and offers beautiful Pacific Ocean’s view. The property was sold for $8 million in early 2021.
- Her trademarks are mole on her face, brown eyes, and smart!
- She is a big fan of Ben Kingsley.
- The Black Swan star has double citizenships in Israel and America.
- Portman is excellent in ballet, tap dancing, and jazz.
- Some of her close friends are Bryce Dallas, Mila Kunis, and Jake Gyllenhaal.
- She is known as Hollywood’s nerdy girl.
- Her IQ is 140 and she has published several papers in scientific journals.
- She said that she would be a doctor like her father when she gets older.
- At the age of 3, she moved to America.
- She was a member of The World Patrol Kids. It’s an environmental dance and song troupe.
- She was auditioned for Little Women in 1994 as young Amy March.
- In 1997, Natalie turned down a role in Lolita because it would expose her to young adult films with sex.
- She didn’t take part in the premiere of Star Wars: Episode I because she studied for her final exams in high school.
- In 2002, People magazine was listed as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- In the same year, she also became of the hottest stars in Teen People magazine.
- She studied psychology at Harvard University for a bachelor’s degree and graduated in 2003.
- Then, she continued her education to a master’s degree at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- In 2005, Natalie shaved her head for her role on V for Vendetta.
- She met her husband in Black Swan when he choreographed the film.
- Then, they got married in 2012.
- On her 39th birthday, the star donated 100,000 USD to A New Way of Life charity.
- Her ideal type is…
- May December (2023), as Elizabeth Berry
- Thor: Love and Thunder (2022), as Jane Foster / Mighty Thor
- Lucy in the Sky (2019), as Lucy Cola
- Avengers: Endgame (2019), as Jane Foster
- The Death & Life of John F. Donovan (2018), as Sam Turner
- Vox Lux (2018), as Celeste Montgomery
- Dolphin Reef (2018), as Narrator (voice)
- Annihilation (2018), as Lena
- Eating Animals (2017), as Narrator (voice)
- Song to Song (2017), as Rhonda
- Planetarium (2016), as Laura Barlow
- Jackie (2016), as Jacqueline Kennedy
- Jane Got a Gun (2015), as Jane Hammond
- A Tale of Love and Darkness (2015), as Fania Klausner
- The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards (2015), as Laura
- Knight of Cups (2015), as Elizabeth
- Thor: The Dark World (2013), as Jane Foster
- Illusions & Mirrors (2013), as Young Woman
- Thor (2011), as Jane Foster
- Your Highness (2011), as Isabel
- No Strings Attached (2011), as Emma Kurtzman
- I’m Still Here (2010), as herself
- Black Swan (2010), as Nina Sayers / White Swan / Odette
- Hesher (2010), as Nicole
- Brothers (2009), as Grace Cahill
- The Other Woman (2009), as Emilia Greenleaf
- New York, I Love You (2008), as Rifka Malone
- The Other Boleyn Girl (2008), as Anne Boleyn
- Moagorium’s Wonder Emporium (2007), as Molly Mahoney
- The Darjeeling Limited (2007), as Rhett
- Hotel Chevalier (2007), as Rhett
- My Blueberry Nights (2007), as Leslie
- Goya’s Ghosts (2006), as Inés Bilbatúa / Alicia
- Paris, je t’aime (2006), as Francine
- V for Vendetta (2005), as Evey Hammond
- Free Zone (2005), as Rebecca
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005), as Padmé Amidala
- Domino One (2005), as Dominique Bellamy
- Closer (2004), as Alice Ayres / Jane Jones
- True (2004), as Francine
- Garden State (2004), as Samantha
- Cold Mountain (2003), as Sara
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002), as Padmé Amidala
- Zoolander (2001), as herself
- Where the Heart Is (2000), as Novalee Nation
- Anywhere but Here (1999), as Ann August
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999), as Padmé Amidala
- Mars Attacks! (1996), as Taffy Dale
- Beautiful Girls (1996), as Marty
- Everyone Says I love You (1996), as Laura Dandridge
- Heat (1995), as Lauren Gustafson
- Developing (1995), as Nina
- Léon: The Professional (1994), as Mathilda Lando
- Lady in the Lake (Apple TV+ ⏐ TBA), as Maddie Schwartz
- Angel City (HBO ⏐ 2023), as herself
- Secrets of the Elephants (BBC ⏐ 2023), as Narrator (voice)
- Bluey (ABC Kids ⏐ 2021), as Whale Documentary Narrator (voice)
- What If…? (Disney+ ⏐ 2021), as Jane Foster (voice)
- Angie Tribeca (TBS ⏐ 2017), as Christina Craft
- The Simpsons (FOX ⏐ 2012), as Darcy (voice)
- Saving a Species: Gorilla on the Brink (Animal Planet ⏐ 2007), as herself (host)
- The Simpsons (FOX ⏐ 2007), as Darcy (voice)
- The Armenian Genocide (PBS ⏐ 2006), as Aurora Mardiganian
- Long Way Round (Sky One ⏐ 2004), as herself
- Hitler’s Pawn: The Margaret Lambert Story (HBO ⏐ 2004), as Narrator (Voice
- Sesame Street (PBS ⏐ 2004), as herself
- Sesame Street (PBS ⏐ 2004), as herself
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2018), as herself (host)
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2006), as herself (host)
“Cute is when a person’s personality shines through their looks. Like in the way they walk, every time you see them you just want to run up and hug them.”
“Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women.”
“I’m a Gemini, so I change my mind every day.”
“I’m afraid of everything. But maybe when you’re afraid of everything, it sort of seems like you’re scared of nothing.”
“I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.”
“I love milk so much! I make a point of drinking a glass of milk every day. So now anyone who did those milk ads with the milk mustaches, they’re my heroes.”
“Committing yourself to one person is sacred.”
“I think all girls in the world wish they were a Parisian girl – that sort of effortless chic confidence and comfort in their own skin.”
“Breast implants gross me out. I don’t think they’re attractive at all.”
“I’m going to college. I don’t care if it ruins my career. I’d rather be smart than a movie star.”
“Jasmine is just the most delicate and beautiful scent.”
“When a guy tells me I’m cute, it’s not something desirable. Cute is more like what you want your pet to be.”
“I’m not convinced about marriage. Divorce is so easy, and that fact that gay people are not allowed to marry takes much of the meaning out of it. Committing yourself to one person is sacred.”
Pics of Natalie Portman
1. She already looks pretty with her bare face
2. This pink pastel suits her overall appearance, right?
3. She is so gorgeous!
4. Yet, what do you think about this black dress with golden details?
5. Do you want chicken wings, anyone?
Natalie Portman shows us that being an actress doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice our education. She can be successful in both fields!
- Sterling Torres – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
#Natalie #Portman #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Height #Husband