Priyanka Chopra is an Indian model and actress. She rose to prominence after winning the Miss World pageant in 2000. Following her wins, he began to branch her career into the the Indian film industry.
She has earned various accolades in acting and is named as one of the highest-paid actresses in the country. Some of her most notable acting projects are including Fashion (2008), Barfi! (2012), 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), and Mary Kom (2014).
Priyanka Chopra started her career when she won the Miss World in 2000. After that, she started receiving offers to be an actress. Her film debut was in a Tamil film titled Thamizhan in 2002.
The next year, she made her Bollywood debut for The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. She also starred in Andazz in the same year.
The movie brought her receiving a nomination for Best Supporting Actress in Filmfare Award. She continued becoming a successful Bollywood actress afterward.
She co-starred with other famous artists in India like Kareena Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Shah Rukh Khan.
Priyanka also explored different roles such as a supermodel in Fashion (2008) and a femme fatale in 7 Khoon Maaf (2011).
She won many Best Actress awards from reputable Indian film award ceremonies like National Film Award, Filmfare Award, and Screen Award.
She also expanded her acting career in America. In 2015, she was cast for the leading role in American TV series named Quantico.
This thriller series led her win Favorite Actress In A New TV Series from the 2016 People’s Choice Awards. She became the first South Asian woman who won this award.
- Full name: Priyanka Chopra Jonas
- Stage name: Priyanka Chopra
- Nickname: Pri
- Born: July 18, 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Religion: Hindu
- Profession: Actress, Model
- Education: Army Public School in Bareilly
- Hobbies: Writing poems, photography, and reading
- Instagram: @priyankachopra
- YouTube: Priyanka Chopra Official
- Facebook: @priyankachopra
- Twitter: @priyankachopra
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 169 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 60 Kg (132 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Eye Color: Dark brown
- Body Measurements: 35-24-33 (Bust -35, Waist -24, and Hips -33 inches)
- Shoe Size: 7.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Father: Ashok Chopra
- Mother: Madhu Chopra
- Brother: Siddharth Chopra
- Sister: –
- Children: Malti Marie
Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
She reportedly dated Aseem, who’s an Indian actor, at the start of her career. However, the couple appeared to break up around the time she won the 2000 Miss World.
Little to none detail is known about their relationship, including why they chose to part ways.
Priyanka’s romance with Harman, who’s a fellow Indian actor, bloomed as they met on the filming set of the Love Story 2050 (2008). Their relationship lasted for two years.
He opened up about the end of their relationship, citing that she kept asking him “to give her time but I didn’t. I couldn’t.”
Her alleged relationship with Shahid, an Indian star, was kept very private. It is not known when or why the chose to split.
It only years later after they called it quits that she referred to him as her ex-boyfriend.
Shah Rukh Khan
For years, she had been linked to the highly well-known Indian actor, who’s also often called the “King Of Bollywood.”
They were captured on multiple occasions by the paparazzi. That being said, neither of them has ever acknowledged the rumors.
Priyanka began dating Nick, who’s an American actor and singer, in May 2018.
He reportedly proposed to her on July 2018 right after her birthday celebration in Greece. The pair became officially engaged a month later in Mumbai, through the Punjabi Roka ceremony.
They got married in both Christian and traditional Hindu ceremony at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur, India.
The couple welcomed a baby girl via surrogacy in early 2022, who’s named Malti Marie.
Multiple sources online estimated her net worth to be around $70 million to $75 million. She appeared to have collected her wealth mainly through acting, as she’s named as one of the highest-paid actresses in Bollywood.
In 2019, she’s estimated to earn $45 million per year. In recent years, sources roughly approximated her annual salary to be at least $10 million.
She’s listed as the 8th highest paid Indian actress around the world by earning around $14 million in 2016. Her earnings decreased by $2 million in 2017, but her positioned on the list increased to 7th.
She established The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education, which focused on young woman and underprivileged children. Priyanka donates at least 10% of her total earnings annually to the foundation, amongst other charities.
Since 2006, she has been extremely active in UNICEF as well. Priyanka donated $70 thousand to a Nanavati hospital in 2013 in behalf of her deceased father.
According to the income tax disclosures data by Indian government, she owns nine properties in total. Five out of nine are located in Raj Classic, Mumbai. Moreover, she also possesses an NYC apartment.
She and her husband, Nick, purchased a house in Beverly Hills in 2018 for $6.5 million.
The couple also purchased a new mansion located in Encino, LA, for $20 million in 2019. The property reportedly features 7 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms.
- Her trademarks are full lips and a curvy body.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and Jerry Maguire are her favorite movies.
- She is a massive fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Meghan Markle and Sophie Turner are her friends.
- Because their parents worked as military physicians, she had to move to different places in India, such as Pune, Delhi, and Bareilly.
- In 2006, she was ranked at the number on UK magazine Eastern Eye as Asia’s Sexiest Woman.
- She turned down the lead role for Umrao Jaan and worked in Bluffmaster! instead.
- She was pointed as the national UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2010.
- Along with Shah Rukh Khan and Shahid Kapoor, she performed in South Africa to celebrate the countries’ friendship.
- In 2011, she won the Best Actress on Critics Award for her role in 7 Khoon Maaf.
- She wrote an article published in The Guardian about child marriage and female genital mutilation in 2014.
- She also started writing for Elle on their monthly column titled Pret-a-Priyanka in 2014.
- In 2015, she made history by becoming the leading role in the American TV show, Quantico.
- She was the first Indian woman who became the global ambassador of Pantene.
- At the 2016 Academy Awards, she presented the award for Best Film Editing.
- She was honored by Variety with the Power of Women award in 2017.
- In 2016 and 2017, Forbes magazine listed her as one of the highest-paid actresses worldwide.
- In July 2018, the American actor Nick Jonas proposed to her.
- Then, they held extravagant wedding ceremonies for 3 days in December 2018. One of the receptions was held at Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace.
- Her ideal type is….
- Heads of State (TBA), as TBA
- Love Again (2023), as Mira Ray
- The Matrix Resurrections (2021), as Sati
- The White Tiger (2021), as Pinky Madam
- We Can Be Heroes (2020), as Ms. Granada
- Happiness Continues (2020), as herself
- We Are One Family (2020), as herself
- The Sky Is Pink (2019), as Aditi Chaudhary
- Chasing Happiness (2019), as herself
- Isn’t It Romantic (2019), as Isabella Stone
- A Kid Like Jake (2018), as Amal
- Baywatch (2017), as Victoria Leeds
- Ventilator (2016), as herself
- Jai Gangaajal (2016), as Abha Mathr
- Bajirao Mastani (2015), as Kashibai
- Dil Dhadakne Do (2015), as Ayesha Sangha
- Mary Kom (2014), as Mary Kom
- Gunday (2014), as Nandita Sengupta
- Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013), as herself
- Krrish 3 (2013), as Priya Mehra
- Zanjeer (2013), as Mala
- Pianes (2013), as Ishani
- Deewana Main Deewana (2013), as Priya Singh
- Shootout at Wadala (2013), as Babli Badmaash
- Bombay Talkies (2013), as herself
- Girl Rising (2013), as Narrator
- Barfi! (2012), as Jhilmil Chatterjee
- Teri Meri Kahaani (2012), as Rukhsar, Radha, and Aradhana
- Agneepath (2012), as Kaali Gawde
- Don 2 (2011), as Roma
- Ra One (2011), as Desi Girl
- 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), as Susanna Anna-Marie Johannes
- Anjaana Anjaani (2010), as Kiara Vaswani
- Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai (2010), as herself
- Pyaar Impossible! (2010), as Alisha Merchant
- What’s Your Raashee? (2009), as Various
- Kaminey (2009), as Sweety Bhope
- Billu (2009), as herself
- Dostana (2008), as Neha Melwani
- Fashion (2008), as Meghna Mathur
- Drona (2008), as Sonia
- Chamku (2008), as Shubhi
- God Tussi Great Ho (2008), as Alla Kapoor
- Love Story 2050 (2008), as Sana Bedi & Ziesha
- My Name is Anthony Gonsalves (2008), as herself
- Om Shanti Om (2007), as herself
- Big Brother (2007), as Aarthi Sharma
- Salaam-e Ishq: A Tribute for Love (2007), as Kamini Ranawat
- Don (2006), as Roma
- Aap Ki Khatir (2006), as Any Khanna
- Krrish (2006), as Priya Mehra
- Alag (2006), as herself
- 36 China Town (2006), as Seema
- Taxi No. 9211 (2006), as herself
- Bluffmaster! (2005), as Simmi Ahuja
- Barsaat (2005), as Kajal
- Yakeen (2005), as Simar Oberoi
- Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), as Pooja Thakur
- Karam (2005), as Shalini
- Blackmail (2005), as Sanjana Rathod
- Aitraaz (2004), as Sonia Roy
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), as Rani Singh
- Asambhav (2004), as Alisha
- Kismat (2004), as Sapna Gosai
- Plan (2004), as Rani
- Andaaz (2003), as Jiyana Singhania
- The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003), as Shaheen Zakaria
- Thamizhan (2002), as Priya
- Citadel (Amazon Prime Video ⏐ 2023), as Nadia Sinh
- Quantico (ABC ⏐ 2015–2018), as Alex Parrish
- Jonas Brother Family Roast (Netflix ⏐ 2021), as herself
- Supersoul (Discovery+ ⏐ 2021), as herself (guest)
- A World of Calm (HBO Max ⏐ 2020), as Narrator
- Activate: The Global Citizen Movement (National Geographic ⏐ 2019), as herself
- If I Could Tell You Just One Thing (YouTube ⏐ 2019), as herself (host)
- It’s My City (2016), as herself
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (Colors TV ⏐ 2010), as herself (host)
“Don’t try to squeeze into a glass slipper. Instead, shatter the glass ceiling.”
“I think it’s great to be flawed. I am hugely flawed, and I like it this way. That’s the fun of life. You fall, get up, make mistakes, learn from them, be human and be you.”
“Financial independence is paramount. My mom always says that when a woman is financially independent, she has the ability to live life on her own terms. I think that was the soundest advice that I ever got. No matter where you go in life or who you get married to, you have to be financially independent – whether you use it or not.”
“I don’t come from a film background. I haven’t learned anything about films or film-making. But I have a thirst to know everything about my profession. I want to learn about cinematography, about editing, about music recordings, about post-production. So when people in the know talk, I willingly listen.”
“Any transition is easier if you believe in yourself and your talent.”
“I don’t believe in being a size 0. I don’t believe in starving. Women should totally embrace their curves.”
“When it comes to an everyday situation, I am like an ant. I keep putting money aside because I know that if I want to splurge, there is a big mountain of money that I can use.”
“I taught myself confidence. When I’d walk into a room and feel scared to death, I’d tell myself, ‘I’m not afraid of anybody.’ And people believed me. You’ve got to teach yourself to take over the world.”
“You can be an absolute woman and also be smart and tough and not lose your femininity.”
“People keep speculating about my personal life because I am evasive about it. Priyanka Chopra Black, brown, white, yellow – why are we always talking about colors? I’m a girl. I believe in a global community.”
“Justin Timberlake – I’d like to learn a little more about his suit and tie.”
“I felt so out of place at the Miss India pageant. I had just come back from America, and I was told I needed to lose my American accent and learn the Queen’s English, so I had to enunciate my vowels and speak well and eloquently. Giving up a New York accent is pretty hard.”
Pics of Priyanka Chopra
1. She wears a yellow shirt
2. She looks fabulous with the red Sari
3. Her side profile is lovely
4. No wonder her smile is one of her trademarks. It’s so pretty!
5. Her beauty is flawless
Priyanka Chopra is a role model! She is a beautiful and award-winning actress, but down to earth for people in need.
- Sterling Torres – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
#Priyanka #Chopra #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Husband #Height