Jennifer Lopez is an American actress, singer, and dancer. She made her debut in the entertainment industry and picked up recognition by appearing as a regular dancer on In Living Color (1991–1993).
Some of her most notable acting projects are Hustlers (2019), Selena (1997), Out of Sight (1998), Maid In Manhattan (2002), and Monster-In-Law (2005).
Her career as a singer also goes into an extensive list as she had released 8 studio albums, 1 EP, 1 remix album, 3 compilation albums, and 65 singles excluding promotional and charity singles.
Jennifer Lopez started popping up in the entertainment industry as a dancer on In Living Color and for Janet Jackson.
Then, she decided to pursue an acting career and played the first main role in 1997 for Selena.
Here, she was popular as the first Latin actress that got paid more than 1 million USD. Next, J.Lo starred in Anaconda in 1997 and Out of Sight one year later.
She crossed over the field as a singer and released her debut single If You Had My Love in 1999. The single reached the top chart on Billboard Hot 100 and made her even more popular.
In 2001, she published her album titled J.Lo. It debuted at the first rank on the US Billboard 200. She continued both careers and gained critical recognition worldwide.
However, J.Lo’s career was not always on the top. In 2007, her biographical film El Cantante only earned 7.6 million USD.
Also, her sixth album Brave was only listed at 31st on Billboard Hot 100. Then, she announced hiatus in 2008.
In 2010, she made an impactful comeback on the movie The Back-up Plan and became one of the judges in American Idol.
Her career performed well ever since, even Time magazine named her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018.
- Full name: Jennifer Lynn Lopez
- Stage name: Jennifer Lopez
- Nickname: J.Lo, La Lopez, Lola
- Birthday: July 24, 1969
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Profession: Actress, Singer, Dancer
- Education: Baruch College
- Hobbies: Tennis, working out, dancing
- Instagram: @jlo
- Facebook: @jenniferlopez
- YouTube: Jennifer Lopez
- Twitter: @JLo
- TikTok: @jlo
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 59 Kg (130 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 37-26-37 (Bust -37, Waist -26, and Hips -37 inches)
- Shoe Size: 8.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 10 (US)
- Father: David López
- Mother: Lupe López
- Brother: –
- Sister: Lynda Lopez, Leslie Lopez
- Children: Emme Maribel Muñiz, Maximillian David Muñiz
Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
She dated David, who’s her high-school sweetheart and first boyfriend, during her early 20s in 1984 all the way to 1994. She has never disclosed the reason of their breakup.
She opened up about the relationship in an interview with Rolling Stone about how they went to the prom together and how she reconnected with his mother as he passed away several years ago due to heart disease.
She began her romance with her first and former-husband, Ojani, when he’s still a waiter while she worked as an aspiring actress.
The couple got married in 1997 but unfortunately were divorced less than a year later in 1998.
Her husband has emerged in her life from time to time since their separation. She requested a confidentiality agreement between them, which she claimed to be violated by her as Ojani worked on a tell-all book.
In 2007, he was put on a permanent injuction by court and forbidden from “criticizing, denigrating, casting in a negative light or otherwise disparaging” Jennifer.
In 1999, Jennifer started dating Sean, who’s a hip-hop artist. The pait met on a music video filming set.
They called it quits in 2001. According to an interview with Vibe in 2003, she claimed the reason behind their split was because he’s being unfaithful.
Both of them, however, maintain a friendship as they reunited and shared a warm hug at her All I Have residency in 2018.
She met Cris, who appeared in her Love Don’t Cost a Thing music video as the dancer, on the filming set in 2001.
It didn’t take long for the two of them to tied the knot in September that year. That being said, the short-lived marriage only lasted until June 2002 and they’re officially divorced in 2003.
According to him in a 2014 interview, their relationship “just didn’t work out” but he can’t disclose the reasons.
Jennifer and Ben, who received “Bennifer” ship name by the media, met on the filming set of Gigli.
The couple got engaged around the end of 2022, but called their wedding off just four days before the big event.
They later chose to part ways in early 2004.
According to her statement, she has lost her “sense of self,” while feeling “self-destructed in front of the entire world” throughout the relationship.
They were seen reconnected in May 2021 and other occassions, such as in Montana and Miami vacations. Media reported shortly after they got back together officially.
She announced their engagement for the second time in April 2022 and tied the knot in July 2022.
She got married to Marc in June 2004. The couple were blessed with the coming of twin children in February 2008, named Max and Emme.
Unfortunately, they announced their divorce in 2011.
According to her interview in 2016 with W, Jennifer “knew very quickly that [their marriage] wasn’t the right thing.”
Beau ‘Casper’ Smart
Not long after her divorce from Marc, she began her romance with Casper, who’s a backup dancer, in late 2011.
She then hired him as her LA residency’s creative director.
Media reported that their relationship faced struggles in 2014, as he was caught exchanging messages and photos with a model.
They went on an on-and-off relationship for two years before eventually split in 2016.
Her romance with Drake sparked for the first time as they met in late December 2016 on All I Have backstage.
A source told the media that they were dating in early 2017. He’s also said to visited all the stops of her residency.
That being said, in February, media reported that they had chose to part ways for undisclosed reasons.
She surprised fans by announcing her engagement to Alex, who’s a former Yankee player, in March 2019. By the time, the couple had been dating for over two years.
They were rumored together in early 2017. In October 2018, an insider told the media that they’re looking to move in together and built a family.
The pair used to cancelled their wedding several times in the middle of Covid-19 pandemic. They eventually called it quits in March 2021.
Jennifer and Alex wrote a collaborative statement to Today, stating that they have realized that they’re “better as friends and look forward to remaining so,” suggesting that they parted ways on good terms.
According to Yahoo! Finance, she’s estimated to have accumulated $400 million of net worth.
Jennifer have been collected her wealth through working in Hollywood industry for more than 25 years, in which she has cemented her status as one of A-list celebrities there.
She is also approximated to earn around $40 million annually, from the same report.
She has starred in more than 42 movies and 22 TV programs.
Her appearance in Selena (1997), which marked a huge milestone in her acting career, reportedly earned her $1 million. The movie made her the first Latina woman in Hollywood to have earned such number on a single movie.
She earned $15 million in 2015, for starring in Monster-in-Law. Another highlight of her salary is her appearance as a guest judge on American Idol, for which she reportedly received $12 million annually.
Her debut album has sold over 8 million globally and earned her a triple platinum. Since then, she has released 7 studio albums and has sold over 75 million copies in total.
Jennifer’s All I Have Las Vegas residency that consists of 121 shows in 2017 made her earn nearly $102 million. It also put her on the sixth place of the highest grossing residency of all time.
She established JLO clothing line and Glow by J.Lo fragrance brand in 2003. Her perfume business alone, has produced over 25 different scents and grow into a $2 billion franchise, according to Women’s Wear Daily‘s report.
She also designed a shoe line with DSW. Moreover, she served as the chief entertainment and lifestyle officer and investor of Virgin Voyages, a cruise line owned by Richard Branson.
- People in the gym call her La Guitarra because she has a body curve like a guitar.
- Jennifer was raised in a Puerto Rican home, but she has difficulties to make a conversation in Spanish.
- The On The Floor singer eats many kinds of food, but she avoids berries and salmon.
- She also does not drink alcohol.
- Jennifer’s favorite color is aqua blue.
- Her performance in Out of Sight is one of the actress’s favorites.
- Lopez’s close friends are Leah Remini and Benny Medina.
- To please her parents, she attended college for only one semester, then dropped out.
- In 1997, People magazine listed her on the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- FHM magazine ranked her on #1 in the Sexiest Women list in 2001.
- In the same year, Celebrity Bodies magazine also gave her the first rank of Best Female Body in Celebrity.
- The singer has a lifestyle brand named J.Lo whose debut was fragrance in 2001. Then, it expands to watches, clothing, accessories, and more.
- She was engaged to the famous American actor Ben Affleck from 2002 to 2004.
- When holding a wedding with March Anthony, she wore a gown designed by Vera Wang.
- In 2009, she and her sisters built a nonprofit organization named the Lopez Family Foundation.
- Lopez joined the 2012 Brazilian Carnival at Rio de Janeiro as Brahma (beer trademark).
- J.Lo donated 1 million USD to Hurricane Maria relief efforts in Puerto Rico in 2017.
- In 2019, she and her fiancé Alex Rodriguez succeed 10-day diet challenge with no sugar and low carb.
- During the coronavirus outbreak, the singer and Alex Rodriguez donated 20,000 meals to hospitality workers in Miami.
- Her ideal type is…
- Unstoppable (TBA), as Judy Robles
- Atlas (TBA), as TBA
- The Mother (2023), as The Mother
- Shotgun Wedding (2022), as Darcy
- Marry Me (2022), as Katalina Valdez
- Wonder Boy (2019) as herself
- Hustlers (2019), as Ramona Vega
- Second Act (2018), as Maya
- Welcome to My Life (2017), as herself
- Ice Age: Collision Course (2016), as Shira (voice)
- The Latin Explosion: A New America (2015)
- Home (2015), as Luci Tucci
- Lila & Eve (2015), as Eve Rafael
- The Boy Next Door (2015), as Claire Peterson
- Jennifer Lopez: Dance Again (2014), as herself
- Parker (2013), as Leslie Rodgers
- Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012), as Shira (voice)
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting (2012), as Holly
- Sellebrity (2012), as herself
- The Back-up Plan (2010), as Zoe
- Feel the Noise (2007), as herself
- Manufacturing Dissent (2007), as herself
- Bordertown (2007), as Lauren Adrian
- El Cantante (2006), as Puchi
- An Unfinished Life (2005), as Jean Gilkyson
- Monster-in-Law (2005), as Charlotte Cantilini
- Shall We Dance? (2004), as Paulina
- Jersey Girl (2004), as Gertrude Steiney
- Gigli (2003), as Ricki
- Maid in Manhattan (2002), as Marisa Ventura
- Enough (2002), as Slim Hiller
- Angel Eyes (2001), as Sharon Pogue
- The Wedding Planner (2001), as Mary Flore
- The Cell (2000), as Catherine Deane
- Antz (1998), as Azteca (voice)
- Out of Sight (1998), as Karen Sisco
- U Turn (1997), as Grace McKenna
- Anaconda (1997), as Terry Flores
- Selena (1997), as Selena Quintanilla-Pérez
- Blood and Wine (1997), as Gabriella
- Jack (1996), as Miss Marquez
- Money Train (1995), as Grace Santiago
- My Family (1995), as Young Maria
- Nurses on the Line (1993), as Rosie Romero
- My Little Girl (1986), as Myra
- Shades of Blue (NBC ⏐ 2016-2018), as Harlee Santos
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS ⏐ 2010), as Anita Appleby
- South Central (FOX ⏐ 1994), as Lucille
- Hotel Malibu (A&E ⏐ 1994), as Melinda Lopez
- Second Chances (CBS ⏐ 1993–1994), as Melinda Lopez
- In Living Color (FOX ⏐ 1991–1993), as Fly Girl
- RuPaul’s Drag Race (MTV ⏐ 2022), as herself
- Dear Class of 2020 (YouTube ⏐ 2020), as herself
- One World: Together (Syndication ⏐ 2020), as herself
- One Voice Somos Live: A Concert for Disaster Relief (Telemundo, Univision⏐ 2017), as herself
- World of Dance (NBC ⏐ 2017–2020), as herself (judge)
- 43rd Annual American Music Awards (ABC ⏐ 2015), as herself (host)
- Q’Viva! The Chosen (FOX ⏐ 2012), as herself
- American Idol (ABC ⏐ 2011–-2012, 2014-2016, 2021), as herself (judge)
- Will & Grace (NBC ⏐ 2004–2018), as herself
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2000–2019), as herself (host/musical guest)
“I have my own high standards for what I want in a partner and how I want to be treated. I bring a lot to the table. I’m not talking about material things but what I have to offer as a person – love and loyalty and all the things that make a good relationship.”
“I don’t regret what I’ve been through. I’ve had ups and downs, super highs and some really low lows. I’ve been so blessed that I could never say, ‘I wish this didn’t happen.’ It’s part of who I am. There’s nothing in my life that’s so ugh.”
“You mirror what the world mirrors to you.”
“I’m a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love.”
“I have the stardom glow.”
“You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.”
“I seriously feel like the best days are ahead, and I like the idea of getting to do everything I did before but with more knowledge, experience, and street smarts. There’s a certain love, appreciation, and gratitude that you have at 40 that you don’t have when you’re younger, and it makes every accomplishment feel so much better.”
“If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love anybody else. And I think as women we really forget that.”
“You get what you give. What you put into things is what you get out of them.”
“Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.”
“Beauty is only skin deep. I think what’s really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit.”
“Women should never go without earrings. Passing on them is an opportunity missed.”
“My parents wanted me to be a lawyer. But I don’t think I would have been very happy. I’d be in front of the jury singing.”
“I only do what my gut tells me to. I think it’s smart to listen to other people’s advice, but at the end of the day, you’re the only one who can tell you what’s right for you.”
“I judge people on how they smell, not how they look.”
“I can only speak for myself, and hope people hear my words and see me on television speaking for myself. And, hopefully, they’ll be able to make their own judgment. And at the end of the day, I just want my work to speak for itself.”
Pics of Jennifer Lopez
1. Her age is more than 50! How can she maintain that flawless skin?
2. J.Lo looks stunning in this red dress
3. The black boot is from DSW
4. Lopez’s appearance for Balmain Spring 2021
5. Even her bare face is so pretty!
Jennifer Lopez shows that maintaining a career in Hollywood doesn’t only depend on the beautiful physique, but also outstanding talent.
- Sterling Torres – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
#Jennifer #Lopez #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Height #Husband #Net #Worth