Vin Diesel is an American actor and filmmaker. He’s best recognized for starring in the Fast and Furious film franchise as Dominic Toretto and in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Groot.
He is one of the actors with the highest gross profits globally and historically. Other notable acting works under his name are The Pacifier (2005), Find Me Guilty (2006), and Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018).
He started his first stage in the Dinosaur Door, a children’s play. The theater was produced at Theater for the New City.
He remained there until he attended Hunter College in New York City and studied screenwriting.
His first role was an uncredited appearance for the film Awakenings in 1990. Four years later, he produced, directed, wrote, and starred in a semi-autobiographical movie titled Multi-Facial.
This movie was picked for screening at the Cannes Festival in 1995. Then, he made a film named Strays and it was selected for Sundance Festival in 1997.
The director Steven Spielberg discovered him in Multi-Facial and cast Diesel for a small role in Saving Private Ryan in 1998.
In the next two years, he eventually appeared in a supporting role in Boiler Room.
Then, he took a role in box office movies, The Fast and the Furious in 2001 and XXX in 2002.
He received his MTV Movie Award in 2002 for his performance in The Fast and the Furious. Those two films then turned into sequels.
He continued starring in several movies like Find Me Guilty in 2006 and Hitman in 2007.
In 2014, he voiced Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy and was nominated at the 2015 Phoenix Film Critics Society as the Best Cast.
- Full name: Mark Sinclair
- Stage name: Vin Diesel
- Nickname: Diesel
- Birthday: July 18, 1967
- Birthplace: California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Profession: Actor, Filmmaker
- Education: Hunter College
- Hobbies: Cooking, playing video games, and snowboarding
- Instagram: @vindiesel
- Facebook: @VinDiesel
- Twitter: @vindiesel
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 182 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 102 Kg (225 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Bald
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 52-34-18 (Bust -52, Waist -34, and Hips -18 inches)
- Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Father: Irving Vincent
- Mother: Delora Vincent
- Brother: Paul Vincent, Tim Vincent
- Sister: Samantha Vincent
Wife, Girlfriend, & Dating History
He was dating Samantha, who’s an American actress and model, from 1998 to 1999.
Neither of them has ever addressed the relationship post breakup, including why they chose to separate.
Vin Diesel was rumored to dated Michelle, who’s best recognized for her role in Boat Trop (2002). The rumors started to surface after both of them were caught enjoying dates and attending private parties together.
The alleged relationship between Vin Diesel and Myla was only revealed as her former boyfriend exposed her to be opportunistic and desirous.
Myla’s ex-boyfriend also accused her to cheat with multiple people, including Vin. Neither Vin nor Myla have ever acknowledged the accusation.
It isn’t clear even until now when he and Elisa started dating, but they were said to have relationship in the 2000s for several months before splitting up. Since then, Jordana has moved on and now is the fiancée of Andy Dick.
He was reported to have a fling with Kaya, who’s a Canadian American model and singer. They were seen multiple times on a date before parting ways for reasons not disclosed to the public.
Vin reportedly was involved in a fling with Chanel Ryan. The couple were spotted several times having dates including cinema, dinner, and club dates.
Carmen and Vin were said to hang out together a lot around 2000, which sparked relationship speculations between fans.
They never confirmed nor refuted the rumors, but they indeed showed some affection to one another before they stopped seen going out together.
He encountered Summer, who’s an American model, approximately in March 2000. Both were said to be involved in a short-term relationship.
Similarly, this supposed relationship has never been discussed by Vin to the public.
The pair met on the filming set of The Fast and the Furious, in which they proceed to several dates together.
Neither of them has ever addressed the supposed romance as things started to fizzle out as fast as it has sparked out.
Vin was reportedly dated Karrine, the Vixen books author, after he split up with Michelle.
It was said that the pair dated each other between 2001 and 2002 for about six months, before separated for undisclosed reasons.
He was rumored to date Layla Roberts, who’s a playboy model, briefly in around 2002. However, it seemed like the relationship was quite lowkey and casual as it didn’t last for long.
Vin dated Asia, who’s an Italian filmmaker and actress around 2002. Both met on the XXX filming set, in which they starred together.
Asia addressed the relationship at that time by revealing how he’s “the best kisser in the world” and about how his brain is the most attractive part of Vin.
In 2002, the relationship rumors between him and Mariah made a round in public.
A source told the media the couple was seen meeting and spending time in Aspen, as he paid a quick visit by a private jet. They were also said to have a dinner and canoodling date.
Vin and Shannon were said to be involved in a romantic relationship in 2004. Unfortunately, it seems like their romance lasted for a few months only before they separated for unknown reasons.
He was rumored to date Maria in 2006. Previously, Vin had flirted publicly when she served as his interviewer.
An insider who claimed to be her friend revealed that Maria indeed had been having a long-term crush on him.
Their relationship was said to last for a year before they split up for undisclosed reasons.
Vin has been involved in a long-term relationship with Paloma, who’s a Mexican model, since 2007.
The couple met even before he reached global success with the Fast & Furious franchise, which approximately happened in the early 2000s. However, they didn’t start dating until 2007.
They were often dubbed as the ultimate power couple of Hollywood and still maintain relationship that’s going strong.
His net worth is estimated to sit at a staggering number of $225 million.
Vin is one of the highest-paid Hollywood stars in the world, thanks to the worldwide fame he reached by starring in The Fast and the Furious franchise as Dominic Toretto.
In total, it was estimated that his movies have racked over $7 billion at the global box office.
He was reported to be the third highest-paid actor in 2015, as he made $47 million from Furious 7 that gained gross profit of $1.5 billion.
In the following year of 2016, he was said to be the seventh highest-paid actor and earned $35 million.
Vin was listed as the third highest-paid actor again in 2017 where he made an annual income of $54 million from acting alone.
He paid over $500 thousand in early 2000 for a 1,500 sq ft property that has two bedrooms and three bathrooms. It was listed for sale in 2016 for $1.4 million.
Vin lives in a Beverly Hills mansion with Paloma, his partner, which he purchased in 2001 for $2.25 million. He’s reportedly a neighbor of Kate Upton and Justin Verlander.
The 6,000 sq ft house has 5-bedroom and 7-bathroom and features hot tub, a tennis court, and a pool.
- His trademarks are his bald head and muscular physique
- His brother, Paul Vincent is his twin.
- His adoptive father was a theater coach.
- Diesel likes eating Italian food.
- He supports several charities including Steve Aoki Charitable Fund and The Paul Walker Foundation.
- He never met his biological father and was raised by her mother.
- Vin Diesel studied English in college.
- He likes playing the video game Dungeons and Dragons D&D.
- In 2003, he actually was offered a role in Daredevil. Yet, the role went to Ben Affleck.
- He was nominated for the Worst Actor at the 2005 Golden Raspberry Award.
- In 2011, he won the Action Star of the Year at CinemaCon Award for his role in Fast Five.
- His first daughter with Paloma Jiménez, Hania Riley, was born in 2008.
- He voiced at the video games The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena as Richard B. Riddick and Wheelman as Milo Burik.
- Then, in 2010, their second child named Vincent Sinclair was born.
- The actor was given a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2013.
- In 2015, he was captured getting emotional about his best friend’s death, Paul Walker.
- He raised 100,000 USD for Charity Playing Xbox in 2018.
- He helped an NYC woman changing the tire in 2020.
- His debut single titled Feel Like I Do was aired at The Kelly Clarkson Show.
- His ideal type is…
- His net worth is around $225 million.
- Fast X (2023), as Dominic Toretto
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023), as Groot (voice)
- Thor: Love and Thunder (2022), as Groot (voice)
- F9 (2021), as Dominic Toretto
- Bloodshot (2020), as Ray Garrison / Bloodshot
- Avengers: Endgame (2019), as Groot (voice)
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018), as Groot (voice)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018), as Groot (voice)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), as Groot (voice)
- The Fate of the Furious (2017), as Dominic Toretto
- XXX: Return of the Xander Cage (2017), as Xander Cage
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk (2016), as Shroom
- The Last Witch Hunter (2015), as Kaulder
- Furious 7 (2015), as Dominic Toretto
- Guardian of Galaxy (2014), as Groot (voice)
- Riddick (2013), as Richard B. Riddick (voice)
- Riddick: Blindsided (2013), as Richard B. Riddick (voice)
- Fast and Furious 6 (2013), as Dominic Toretto
- Fast Five (2011), as as Dominic Toretto
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), as Dominic Toretto
- Find Me Guilty (2006), as Jackie DiNorscio
- The Pacifier (2005), as Lieutenant Shane Wolfe
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (2004), as Richard B. Riddick (voice)
- The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), as Richard B. Riddick (voice)
- A Man Apart (2003), as Sean Vetter
- The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003), as Dominic Toretto
- XXX (2002), as Xander Cage
- Knockaround Guys (2001), as Taylor Reese
- The Fast and the Furious (2001), as Dominic Toretto
- Pitch Black (2000), as Richard B. Riddick
- Boiler Room (2000), as Chris Varick
- The Iron Giant (1999), as The Iron Giant (voice)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998), as Private Adrian Caparzo
- Strays (1997), as Rick
- Multi-Facial (1995), as Mike
- Awakenings (1990), as Orderly
- Ark: The Animated Series (TBA), as Santiago Da Costa
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Disney+ 2022), as Groot (voice)
- I Am Groot (Disney+ 2022), as Groot (voice)
- Fast & Furious Spy Racers (Netflix 2019, 2021), as Dominic Toretto
“If you take my performance or my understanding of the role and my appreciation for story and then dress it in CGI, that I guess becomes an action film.”
“I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.”
“The most important thing in life will always be family. The people right here, right now.”
“A person in my position has to restrain himself.”
“If you’re the type of person who has to fulfill your dreams, you’ve gotta be resourceful to make sure you can do it. I came out to California when I was 21, thinking my New York credentials would take me all the way. I came back home a year later all dejected and a failure.”
“I would love to do more science fiction. I always envisioned the Riddick franchise as a continuing mythology, so I always imagined that there would be many other films to follow.”
“I love thinking about the film, the project, and committing myself as much as possible.”
“I enjoy playing a quintessential antihero. There’s something therapeutic about playing such characters. I know it sounds corny but I feel like I learn about myself when I play that characters.”
“When people believe in you, you can do miraculous things.”
Pics of Vin Diesel
1. No wonder that his muscular physique is one of his trademarks
2. A peace sign, everyone!
3. He wears black jeans and a white tee
4. His smile looks stunning
5. He wears a suit!
Vin Diesel’s physique and deep voice contribute to his success as a superhero actor. Which his performance do you like the best?
#Vin #Diesel #Bio #Profile #Facts #Age #Height #Wife #Net #Worth