Sadio Mane is a Senegalese professional football player. He got his fame when he joined Liverpool and was shortlisted for the 2019 Ballon d’Or.
Sadio Mane lived with his uncle from a young age as he had many siblings and his parents could not afford to raise him.
Sadio Mane played football day and night as his parents could not afford to send him to school.
When his country, Senegal, reached the quarter-finals of the 2002 World Cup, he was inspired to become a footballer.
He starts getting serious about football and although his parents and uncles initially do not accept his dream, they try their best to help him when they see how serious he is.
He went to his country’s capital, Dakar, and visited the city’s most popular football club. But things didn’t go well at first as he was underestimated when he came for the test.
When he played for the local club, he scored 131 goals in 90 matches in just two seasons. That made him famous.
His fortunes changed when French scouts asked him to undergo two seasons of trials at the football academy Generation Foot, and the scouts saw that he exceeded expectations.
Scouts then took him to France to join a French club. He started his career when he was 15 years old playing for Metz youth club.
He moved to France quietly and did not tell his family because his family was initially skeptical of his professional career.
He started playing for Metz’s senior team in 2012 and his performances shone at Metz and earned him a transfer to Red Bull Salzburg.
He scored 42 goals in 80 appearances and earned his transfer to Premier League side Southampton. His mother was delighted to hear he was going to Southampton.
He made his debut for Southampton in the League Cup in 2014 and won a penalty for Southampton. He ended his contract at Southampton in 2016 and became the top scorer.
In 2016, he transferred to Liverpool on a five-year contract and made his debut against Arsenal.
He fell behind at Liverpool and was also shortlisted for the 2019 Ballon d’Or. He scored over 100 goals during his years at Liverpool.
During his years at Liverpool, he helped his team reach the finals of the Champions League and in 2022 he switched to Bayern Munich.
He went on to represent Senegal at the 2012 Olympics and again at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
Sadio Mane was also selected for Senegal’s squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and the 2–2 draw against Japan and the opening score of the World Cup.
- Real name: Sadio Mané
- Stage name: Sadio Mané
- It is also called:-
- Birthday: 10 April 1992
- Birthplace: Bambali, Sedhio, Senegal
- Zodiac: Aries
- Nationality: Senegalese
- Religion: Muslim
- Occupation: Professional football player
- Hobbies: Playing video games, listening to music
- Position: Forward
Bayern Munich (2022 – )
Liverpool (2016 – 2022)
Southampton (2014 – 2016)
Red Bull Salzburg (2012 – 2014)
Metz B (2011)
- Instagram: @sadiomaneofficial
Height, weight, physical appearance
- Height: 175 cm (5’9”)
- Weight: 69 kg (152 lb)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Body Measurements: 40-29-14 (Chest 40, Waist 29, and Biceps 14 inches)
- Shoe Measurements:-
- Mother: Satou Tore (mother)
- Brother: Malik Mane (Brother)
Girlfriend and dating history
Sadio Mane was rumored to be dating South African journalist and author Melissa Reddy. Since the relationship is a rumour, there is no evidence of them being seen together or details about how their relationship started.
Sadio Mane’s net worth is around $20 million. His main income came from his salary as a footballer.
Since his transfer to Liverpool, Sadio Mane’s name has caught people’s attention. From his contract at Liverpool, he earned £200,000 per week with an annual salary of £10,400,000.
Sadio Mane is signing a contract with Bayern Munich until 2022. His contract paid him £306,000 per week with an annual salary of £15,912,000.
- Sadio Mane came from a poor family and his parents and uncle may have sold his crops to send him to a local club in the capital.
- When he first came to try out at his local club, he was looked down upon because his boots were worn out and the guy at the local club said he didn’t even dress decently for football.
- His father died when he was young. It has become a reason for him to stay with his uncle.
- He could not go to school when he was young because his parents could not afford to send him to school.
- He ran away from home to the capital city of Dakar when he was 16 because he wanted to play football. So his family knows how much he wants to pursue football.
- He idolized Al Hadji Diouf in Senegal. The 2002 World Cup made him an icon of Senegalese football.
- He scored the fastest hat-trick in the Premier League in 2015, when he scored for Southampton against Aston Villa.
- There is a movie dedicated to him Made in Senegal, It is based on his life and career.
- He is a philanthropist and regularly donates to charity to help poor communities and build schools and help people in Senegal.
- He was recorded as the most expensive African player with a £28.8 million transfer fee from Liverpool to Bayern Munich.
- As a footballer, he follows a strict diet and eats only healthy food. He doesn’t know how to cook except to prepare healthy daily meals with porridge and fruits, nuts or yogurt.
- He never told his family that he left for France and only told his mother in 2011 and his mother was surprised but then happy for him and called him almost every day.
- His mother was also the first person he called upon his transfer to Liverpool.
- His home and his uncle’s home were once attacked after missing a penalty in his country’s Nations Cup match.
- He is known as a humble and self-effacing person, which is why he can make friends with many people.
- He once clashed with the Southampton manager due to his frequent lateness and even missed a match having to be replaced in the last minutes. But his habits have changed since joining Liverpool.
- Unable to get medical help when his father is critically ill, Mane redresses it by cutting the first hospital in Bambali and building a school in his village.
- His favorite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio, while his favorite actress is Angelina Xivicis.
- He is very discreet about his personal life and not much is known about his relationship apart from his girlfriend’s identity.
- Many women have approached him during his bachelor days, but the one he wants to marry should be a woman who has strong faith in God and is not addicted to social media.
“Whenever I play, I know I have support to help me.”
“I think everything is possible.”
“If you want to be successful when you’re playing, you have to be open in your mind, and if you know that everything is taken care of – you just focus on football.”
“I can only do my best: score goals, make assists and do my best for my team.”
“You can’t say you know everything when you’re 25. You’re not.”
“My parents are very proud that I have been brought up properly and properly and that I am a professional footballer.”
“A good thing for footballers is not to think too much, especially when you have to go to a big team like Liverpool, because that’s when you start to mess with your mind.”
“I remember when I was young my parents thought I should study to be a teacher. They thought football was a waste of time and I would never make it.”
“Honestly, I don’t know the word ‘pressure’ because football is my job. I always enjoy it.”
“I really hate not being able to help my teammates.”
“The wrong team wanted me, obviously United. I spoke to Van Gaal and he made an offer, but it wasn’t the right club for me and it wasn’t the right moment.”
Sadio Mane was poor and could not go to school. The 2002 World Cup made him realize his dream and his perseverance prevented him from becoming a top footballer.
- Royalty Johnson – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Husband, Net Worth
- Ciara Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth
- Hugh Jackman – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth
- Jamie Big Sorrel Horse – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Spencer Barbosa – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- MDmotivator- Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Billie Eilish – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Will Smith – Bio, Profile, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth
- Devon Rodriguez – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend
- Antony Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Quotes
- Paulo Dybala – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Jabari Banks – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, net Worth
- Camila Mendes – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend
- Aliza Jane – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- David Beck – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Lana Blakely – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Neymar Junior – Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Quotes
- Erling Haaland – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Vinicius Junior – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Paul Pogba – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Quotes
#Sadio #Mane #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Wife #Net #Worth #Quotes