Lionel Messi is an Argentine professional football player. His hat-trick against Real Madrid in the 2006/2007 season brought his name into the limelight.
Lionel Messi has been fond of playing football since childhood. His grandmother sees potential in him, so she takes him to his first football training session at Grandoli’s local football club.
With his grandmother’s understanding, his parents bought him his first pair of football boots and it was she who asked his first coach, Salvador Aparicio, to join the match team.
In his very first match, he helped the team win the club’s first ever trophy. He was four years old when he won his first trophy.
Seeing his potential, the coach, Salvador Aparicio, promised to take him to a bigger academy.
He was six years old when he joined Newell’s Old Boys, a club in Rosario, and spent six years there before signing with FC Barcelona and joining Barcelona’s youth academy.
His first year at the Barcelona academy was full of struggle, as due to a transfer conflict between Nevels and Barcelona, he was only allowed to play in the friendly league.
A year later in February 2002, he failed to register with the Royal Spanish Football Federation.
From then on, he played continuously until he made his professional senior debut at the age of 17 during a friendly match against Jose Mourinho’s Porto.
After spending several years with Barcelona, he transferred to Paris Saint-Germain in 2021.
His remarkable football career was also recognized in the national team. He played for Argentina at the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship and scored six goals in the game.
He made his debut for Argentina’s senior team in 2006 and became Argentina’s youngest player to play at the FIFA World Cup.
- Real Name: Lionel Andres Messi Cuccittini
- Stage Name: Lionel Messi
- It is also called:-
- Nickname: Leo, Macedona
- Birthday: 24 June 1987
- Birthplace: Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Nationality: Argentina
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Occupation: Professional football player
- Hobbies: Listening to music, playing video games
- Position: Forward
Paris Saint-Germain (2021 – )
Barcelona (2004 – 2021)
Barcelona B (2004 – 2005)
Barcelona C (2003 – 2004)
- Spouse: Antonella Roccuzzo (2017 – )
- Facebook: @leomessi
- Instagram: @leomessi
- TikTok: @leomessi40118508
Height, weight, physical appearance
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 67 kg (148 lb)
- Blood group:
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 40-30-14 (Chest 40, Waist 30 and Biceps 14 inches)
- Shoe Size: 9
- Father: Jorge Horacio Messi
- Mother: Celia Maria Cuccittini
- Siblings: Rodrigo Messi (Elder Brother), Matias Messi (Elder Brother)
- Sister: Maria Sol Messi (Younger Sister)
Wife and dating history
In 2006, Argentine model Macarena Lemos and Lionel Messi were rumored to be dating. They were seen together several times.
They go out for a few years before Messi moves on to his old lover, Antonella Roccuzzo.
Lionel Messi and Antonella Roccuzzo are childhood sweethearts who support each other through thick and thin.
They first met in 1996 through Rokuzo’s cousin. Although Messi loved Roccuzzo from childhood, it wasn’t until 2007 that he dared himself to be Roccuzzo’s man.
The relationship went from strength to strength ever since they tied the knot on June 30, 2017. The wedding took place at a casino in their hometown, Rosario, with about 260 guests.
Lionel Messi’s net worth is around $620 million, making him the richest football player in the world. His income came from his salary and brand endorsements.
Messi spent almost a decade at Barcelona. He had a successful career when he was at Barcelona.
Since his last contract at Barcelona in the 2020/21 season, he has been paid around $2.4 million per week and earns $126 million annually.
Paris Saint Germain
Lionel Messi is on the list as the highest paid player. His contract at Paris Saint-Germain earned him $738,000 per week and his annual salary was around $35 million.
He also received a $25 million joining fee when he joined Paris Saint-Germain.
His income is not limited to his salary. He also earns some money from partnerships and endorsements.
His off-field earnings were around $55 million. He made a $20 million stake Fan token, a cryptocurrency platform Socios. He also does brand deals with Adidas, PepsiCo and Budweiser.
- His father was a steel worker and also coached the local youth football team.
- Lionel Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency when he was eleven years old and his parents could not afford the treatment, which cost them $1,000 a month.
- At first, Newell promised to help with treatment, but then he broke his promise. His grandparents then asked Barcelona FC for hormone treatment and signed him up.
- At the time, it was unusual for European clubs to sign foreign players at such a young age, so team director Charlie Rexach at Barcelona was unable to sign him immediately.
- Later, he signs his detailed first contract with Barcelona in a paper napkin because Rexach doesn’t have paper and rushes to sign with Messi.
- He has three children Ciro Messi Roccuzzo, Matteo Messi and Thiago Messi from his marriage to Antonella Roccuzzo.
- After making his international debut against Hungary in 2005, he received a red card in 47 seconds.
- He won the FIFA World Player of the Year when he was 22 years old and retained the award for the next three years.
- His life has its own documentary by filmmaker Alex de la Iglesia, which premiered at the Venice Film Festival in August 2014.
- Forbes magazine ranked him as the second highest paid athlete in the world in 2015.
- He runs fast without the ball. That makes him the only player to do so.
- He founded the “Leo Messi Foundation”, a charity that supports education, health and sports for children.
- He was awarded the Player of the Year seven times and was awarded the Ballon d’Or award making him the most Ballon d’Or award winner.
- He announced his retirement from international football after missing a penalty in the 2016 Copa America final. But that decision backfired when he led Argentina to qualification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- His transfer from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain was due to the club’s financial situation and debt after years of overspending, so they could not afford to offer him a new contract.
- His way of scoring is similar to that of Diego Maradona, earning him the nickname Macedona.
- He loves food and his favorite dish is Escalope Milanese.
- He was investigated in 2013 on suspicion of tax evasion.
- His name appears in the 2016 Panama Papers data leak, suspected of taking over a new company in Panama a day after Spanish authorities uncovered his tax crimes.
- He is the second person to reach 400 million followers on Instagram.
- His photo holding the 2023 World Cup trophy became the most liked photo on Instagram with over 70 million likes.
- He has been in a long-term relationship with Antonella Roccuzzo and they got married in 2017. Looks like Antonella Roccuzzo, who shares the same village with him is his ideal type.
“It’s great to score against Brazil or anyone else.”
“Sometimes you have to accept that you can’t always win.”
“There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.”
“I have fun like a kid on the street. When the day comes when I don’t enjoy it, I will quit football. “
“For my part, I do my best to make people’s lives more bearable, especially children who are having problems around the world.”
“Each year I try to develop as a player and not get stuck in a rut. I try to improve my game in every way. But that’s not something I’ve worked on, it’s part of me.”
“You can’t let previous success dampen your desire to be a winner and I believe every player has room for improvement.”
“I have many years to get better and better and that should be my ambition. The day you think there is no improvement is a sad day for any player.”
“Money is not a motivating factor. Money doesn’t thrill me or make me play well because being rich has its perks. I’m happy with a ball at my feet. I get my motivation from playing the game I love. If I’m not paid to be a professional footballer I will willingly play for nothing.
“I always thought that I wanted to play professionally and I always knew that I would have to make a lot of sacrifices to do that. I made the sacrifice of leaving Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. I changed my friends, my people. everything. But whatever I did, I did it for football, to make my dream come true.”
“I have always loved football and I have always devoted a lot of time to it. When I was younger, my friends would invite me to go out with them, but I would stay home because I had practice the next day. I love going out, but you have to know when you can and when you can’t.”
“It seems people want to blame me for everything. Whenever a problem arises, I am said to be involved even though I have nothing to do with it. That’s why I always focus on what I know, which is playing football, and I try to be very careful with what I say because people always try to spin things.
On his way to becoming the great footballer he is, Lionel Messi had to face many hardships, even a disease that almost put his football career in jeopardy.
But with his and his family’s determination, he overcame those odds.
- Royalty Johnson – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Husband, Net Worth
- Ciara Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth
- Hugh Jackman – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth
- Jamie Big Sorrel Horse – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Spencer Barbosa – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- MDmotivator- Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Billie Eilish – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Will Smith – Bio, Profile, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth
- Devon Rodriguez – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend
- Antony Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Quotes
- Paulo Dybala – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Jabari Banks – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, net Worth
- Camila Mendes – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend
- Aliza Jane – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- David Beck – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Lana Blakely – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Neymar Junior – Bio, Facts, Age, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Quotes
- Erling Haaland – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Vinicius Junior – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Paul Pogba – Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Quotes
#Lionel #Messi #Bio #Facts #Age #Height #Wife #Net #Worth #Quotes