Adriana Leon is a Canadian professional soccer player. She is considered one of the best players in Canada.
Adriana Leon has been into sports since childhood. She took up figure skating as a sport before turning to hockey when she was 10 years old.
She played minor hockey for seven seasons and won the Provincial Women’s Hockey League in her final season.
She started playing football while at The Country Day School and played for youth teams from Vaughn SC, Mississauga Falcons and Brams United.
In 2009, she played for Team Ontario and won a bronze medal at the Canada Summer Games. She also became the top scorer in the tournament with seven goals.
When she was accepted on an athletics scholarship and attended the University of Notre Dame, she played for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish women’s soccer team.
She started her professional career in 2013 by joining Boston Breaker. She made her professional debut as a substitute for Sydney Leroux in a match against the Western New York Flash.
That same year, the Boston Breakers traded her to the Chicago Red Stars and she remained with the club for three seasons.
2015 was the year she joined the Western New York Flash. She played 10 matches with the Western New York Flash, but unfortunately could not score.
The following year, she moved to FC Zurich and made five appearances. She made an appearance in the Swiss Cup and scored one goal and three assists in a match against FC Luzern.
In 2016, she agreed to terminate her contract so that she could return to North America. After returning to North America, she rejoined the Boston Breakers for the 2017 season.
In 2018, the Boston Breakers ceased operations of The Breakers and redistributed their players within the league through the 2018 NWSL Dispersal Draft.
She was selected to join Sky Blue FC and made two substitute appearances before being traded to another club.
She was traded to Seattle Reign FC in 2018 and played six matches with Seattle Reign FC. She later decided to reserve her NWSL rights for the 2019 season.
She signed with West Ham United in 2019 and made her debut for West Ham United in the Women’s Super League.
She helped West Ham United reach the FA Cup Final for the first time in 2019 but lost to Manchester City.
She became West Ham United’s top scorer the following season before deciding to leave the club due to her contract expiring.
She later signed a two-year deal with Manchester United in the 2022 summer transfer window.
Her international career began when she represented Canada in the U-20s at the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship.
In 2013, she was given a call-up to join the senior Canada national team in a friendly match at the Four Nations tournament.
She made her senior international debut in 2013 when she represented Canada against China. She played the full 90 minutes in the game and scored a goal to lead Canada to victory.
- Real Name: Adriana Christina Leon
- Stage Name: Adriana Leon
- It is also called:-
- Birthday: 2 October 1992
- Birthplace: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Zodiac: Libra
- Nationality: Canadian
- Occupation: Professional footballer
- Education: University of Notre Dame, University of Florida
- Hobbies: Taking pictures with animals
- Position: Winger
Manchester United (2022 –);
West Ham United (2019 – 2022);
Seattle Reign (2018);
Sky Blue FC (2018);
Boston Breakers (2017);
FC Zurich (2016);
Western New York Flash (2016);
Chicago Red Starts (2013 – 2015);
Boston Breakers (2013);
- Twitter: @LeonAdriana9
- Instagram: @_adrianaleon_
Height, weight, physical appearance
- Height: 161 cm (5’3”)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lb)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 34-28-35 (Bust, Waist and Hip inches)
- Shoe Size: 9 (US)
- Dress Size: 6
- Father: Pedro Jose Leon
- Mother: Lucrecia Laria
- Brothers: Marioleone, Leopoldo, Pedro Leon, Fausto
- Sister: Marcella Leone
Boyfriend and dating history
There is no detailed information about Adriana Leon’s boyfriend or ex-boyfriend. She rarely talks about her relationship.
There is a photo of her with a man on her Instagram account, but Mas’s identity has not been confirmed.
Adriana Leon net worth is around $1.5 million. Her main income came from sports as she used to play football and rugby. Her estimated salary was around $30,190.
- She was born in Mississauga but raised in the suburban town of Maple, Ontario, and her parents moved to King City in 2010.
- Prior to playing soccer, she also played volleyball and rugby, earning her rugby team MVP honors in 2009.
- She accepted an athletic scholarship from the University of Notre Dame and played for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish women’s soccer team in 2010 and 2011.
- She is the first female Canadian player to join Manchester United.
- She is in Canada’s top 10 goal scorers.
- Russian ice hockey player, Alexander Ovechkin and Canadian player Steve Yzerman were her idols.
- Her favorite footballer is Ronaldo.
- She participated as a mental health advocate and worked to help raise funds for Canadian mental health initiatives.
- She loves animals and often posts pictures of different types of animals on her social media.
- She often spent her free time watching movies and her favorite was film Spiderman.
- She enjoys yoga, shopping and going to the gym.
- There is no record of her past relationships or her interviews about her ideal type of man.
- 2009 Canada Games Top Scorer
“I’m a sports fan! I always wanted to be – I knew I wanted to be a professional footballer from a young age and that was always the goal. So everything I did was for football.”
“I started playing football when I was three or four and I haven’t stopped since. So it’s a big part of my life – sports in general.”
“I love how attack-minded the team is, and they move the ball really well, and I know Mark always brings that attacking mentality and it matches my skill set perfectly. So I’m really excited to get started.”
“I am proud of the hard work I have done. I want to be the hardest working player out there.”
“I create goals, score goals and hopefully more of them will come.”
“Just constantly playing games and just being competitive with them.”
“Being in Tokyo and then coming back to Canada to celebrate was incredible and great”
“I’ve definitely been through some learning experiences, and it helps shape you as a person, helps you grow your game, and I definitely feel like it’s helped me grow as a player and as a person.”
“I think it’s getting better in women’s football.”
“To win. Win the trophy, win and enjoy the experience, [and] Create memories.”
“I’ve always gone from one sport to another, doing a bit of schoolwork in between! [laughs] But yeah, it’s been a big part of my life and I haven’t stopped since I started.”
“I was looking at potentially doing a dual sport scholarship and playing both. It took me a while to make up my mind, but it looks like I made the right decision by sticking with football.
Growing up playing more than one sport, Adriana Leon adapted to athletic activities and this helped her find peace in her football.
- Morgan Vera – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Reet Narula – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth
- Colton Macaulay Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Dessyyc Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Karl Jacobs – Bio, Facts, Age, Hight, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Quotes
- Pilar Rubio – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Husband, Net Worth
- Antonella Roccuzzo – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Husband, Net Worth
- LaToya Tonodeo – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- NileRed Nigel Braun Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Ellen Pellon Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Ong Squad – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth
- Ricky Berwick – Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
#Adriana #Leon #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Boyfriend #Net #Worth #Quotes