Deyna Castellanos is a Venezuelan professional soccer player. She rose to fame after FIFA nominated her for the Best FIFA Football Award in 2017.
Deyna Castellanos was born in Marrakesh, Venezuela. She was 5 years old when she started playing football for training with her brother.
She attended Florida State University on scholarship and played for the Florida State Seminoles women’s soccer team in her early years.
After completing her degree in journalism, she signed a two-year contract with Atlético Madrid in 2020. She spent two seasons with Spanish club Atletico Madrid before signing with another club.
In 2022, she signed a three-year contract with Manchester City. She made her debut for Manchester City in August 2002 against Turan in the Champions League.
She is also part of the youth team representing her country, Venezuela. She was part of the U-17 team that finished fourth in the 2014 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup.
She participated in the 2016 South America Under-17 Women’s Football Championship and became the top scorer with a total of 12 goals.
She received a call-up to represent Venezuela’s under-20 women’s team and became the only player in Group B with three goals.
She made her senior international debut at the 2018 Copa America Femenina.
She scored a goal in her debut match against Ecuador. At the age of 21, she became the captain of the Venezuelan women’s team.
- Real Name: Deina Cristina Castellanos Naugenis
- Stage Name: Deyna Castellanos
- Nickname: Queen Deyana
- Birthday: 18 April 1999
- Birthplace: Marrakesh, Venezuela
- Zodiac: Aries
- Nationality: Venezuelan
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Occupation: Professional footballer
- Education: Florida State University
- Hobbies: Watching TV, Dancing
- Position: Forward
Manchester City (2022 –);
Atlético Madrid (2020 – 2022)
- Instagram: @deynacastellanos
Height, weight, physical appearance
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 63 kg (139 lb)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements:-
- Shoe Measurements:-
- Dress Size:-
- Father: Richard Castellanos
- Mother: Yrene Naugenis
- Brother: Alvaro
Boyfriend and dating history
Deyna Castellanos focused on her career. She almost never mentions her relationship or her previous relationship.
During her prime in football she probably wanted to keep it low and or enjoy her single life.
Deyna Castellanos net worth is around $1.5 million. Her main income as a footballer came from football.
At Manchester City, she was paid at least $87,580 per year and $7,289 per month.
She has her own brand called Queen Dayna, which helps young girls to pursue their dreams. Brand is also her nickname because Reina means Queens in Venezuela and it matches her name.
She also opened a foundation targeting education and gender inequality around the world and is working with several organizations to launch educational programs in North and South America.
- She scored 48 goals in 82 games while playing for the Florida State Seminoles.
- While in college, she was named a CONMEBOL and FIFA ambassador.
- Her idol was Brazilian legend Marta and she has been idolized by her since her youth.
- She grew up watching her brother play football and loved the feeling of kicking the ball around.
- She has been representing the Venezuelan national team since she was 14 years old.
- She is famous for her spectacular goal with three points in the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup.
- She has more than 30 tattoos and sees them as art.
- In her spare time she likes to paint and watch TV or dance.
- She majored in journalism in college and would have been a journalist if she hadn’t been a football player.
- She was the youngest analyst to cover the FIFA World Cup for NBC/Telemundo.
- She was nominated for the best award in 2017, which caused some controversy as she did not start her professional career.
- She keeps her personal life private and her past relationships are not reported.
“If I wasn’t a footballer, I think I’d be a journalist.”
“I’ve also chosen the number 10 shirt because I played with that number in college and scored some great goals wearing it, so hopefully I can create more good memories with it here at City.”
“Looking at all the facilities here, it’s amazing – I believe this club will help me improve as a player and I hope I can help Manchester City as well.”
“Every girl is a queen in her own way.”
“Besides fulfilling my goals in football, I’m trying to change the world a little bit through football, fighting for equality for us so that young girls can have a better path.”
“I’m trying to change some people’s lives the way college changed mine. It’s something very special and I hope I can accomplish many more.”
“Education was very important to me and my family.”
“I had to keep a balance: if I wanted to be a good football player, I had to be a good student.”
“There are a few people who have influenced my career: my college coach, Mark Krikorian, and my mom – she’s always there – and my teammates.”
“My first hero was Marta. When I started playing football, I didn’t know much about women’s football. She was the best player at that moment and I started following her.
“At the end of the day, not everything has to be about football on the pitch – personal life too: getting everything right, having a good relationship with your teammates… that’s the main part.”
Aside from playing soccer, Deyna Castellanos also has an eye for education and is trying to provide more education through her foundation so that girls can pursue their dreams like she did.
- Morgan Vera – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Reet Narula – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth
- Colton Macaulay Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
- Dessyyc Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Karl Jacobs – Bio, Facts, Age, Hight, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Quotes
- Pilar Rubio – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Husband, Net Worth
- Antonella Roccuzzo – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Husband, Net Worth
- LaToya Tonodeo – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- NileRed Nigel Braun Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Ellen Pellon Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Net Worth
- Ong Squad – Wiki, Bio, Facts, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth
- Ricky Berwick – Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Net Worth
#Deyna #Castellanos #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Boyfriend #Quotes