Lieke Martens is a Dutch female football player. She was known as one of the best female footballers in the world.
Lieke Martens started playing football at a young age. When she was 5 years old, she joined the local club RKVV Montagnards.
She moved to the Boxmeer club Olympia 18 when she was 13 and played with the boys’ team at the persuasion of the coach.
In 2008, she moved to Hogeskool van Amsterdam before moving to Heerenveen to begin her professional career.
She made her debut at the age of 16, joining SC Heerenveen. While at SC Heerenveen, she made 18 appearances and scored twice.
After spending one season with SC Heerenveen, she moves to the newly formed VVV-Venlo women’s team in her hometown of Limburg.
At VVV-Venlo, she played 20 matches and scored 9 goals. She spent one season at VVV-Venlo and scored the club’s first goal.
In the following season of 2011, she moved to Standard Liege and scored two goals in her first official match with Standard Liege, helping Standard Liege win the BeNe Super Cup 2011.
While she was at Standard Liege, she made her UEFA Women’s Championship League debut and scored in a match against Brøndby IF.
She spent a year at Standard Liège and then moved to FCR 2001 Duisburg as it is close to Limburg. Her transfer was delayed due to a paperwork mess with the German Football Association.
She transferred to FCR 2001 Duisburg in March 2012, but was able to play for the club in July 2012.
In 2014, she moved to Swedish side, Koperbergs and made her debut in a match against Vittsjö GIK. She spent one season with Koperberg before moving to Rosengard the following season.
She joined Rosengard on a one-year deal, then signed a three-year contract with Barcelona. She made her debut for Barcelona as a substitute against Zaragoza CCF.
In the 2018–19 season, she suffered an injury and returned to action in the 2019 match against Atlético Madrid. She transferred to Paris Saint-Germain in 2022 on a three-year contract.
She was part of the Netherlands youth team and once scored a goal within 15 seconds of the pitch.
In 2011, Lieke Martens made his senior debut for the Netherlands in a friendly against China. She became a regular national player from 2012.
- Real Name: Leake Elizabeth Petronella Martens
- Stage Name: Leake Elizabeth
- Birthday: 16 December 1992
- Birthplace: Bergen, Netherlands
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Dutch
- Occupation: Professional footballer
- Education: Johan Cruyff Institute
- Hobbies: Going to amusement parks, shopping
- Position: Winger
Paris Saint-Germain (2022);
Barcelona (2017 – 2022);
Rosengard (2015 – 2017);
Koperbergs (2014 – 2015);
FCR 2001 Duisburg (2012 – 2014);
Standard Lease (2011 – 2012);
VVV-Venlo (2010 – 2011);
Heerenveen (2009 – 2010)
- Instagram: @liekemartens
Height, weight, physical appearance
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lb)
- Blood Group:-
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 31-24-33 (Bust 31, Waist 24 and Hips 33 inches)
- Shoe Measurements:-
- Father: Berten The Martens
- Brothers: Jelle Martens (Brother), Sjord Martens (Brother),
- Sister: Mieke Martens (Sister)
Boyfriend and dating history
Benjamin Van Leer
Lieke Martens has been dating Sparta Rotterdam goalkeeper, Benjamin van Leer since 2018. They are together and have a dog in 2020.
In 2021, they announced that they got married. Their relationship seems to be getting stronger.
Lieke Martens net worth is around $1 million. Her main source of income was her salary and advertisements.
Martens base salary is around $400,000 per year. For sponsorships, she was sponsored by Nike and is also an ambassador for PepsiCo.
- Lieke Martens credits her mother as a person who supported her, especially because her mother supported her in sports and did not push her to play only with dolls.
- She started learning football in 1997 when she was 5 years old because she couldn’t wait to play with her brothers.
- She has endorsement deals with many brands like Nike, PepsiCo, Nissan, Lay’s and Zinzi.
- She is in the 2021 Le advertisement alongside Lionel Messi.
- She was named by FHM The Netherlands as the most beautiful woman in 2021.
- She was named the Best FIFA Women’s Player in 2017 and was nominated for the Women’s Ballon d’Or in 2018 and 2019.
- She likes to eat cheese.
- Lieke Martens sometimes watches movies to pass her free time and her favorite movie was Zwartbok.
- Her favorite actor was Sebastian Koch and for an actress, it was Caris van Houten.
- She has no tattoos.
- She likes boxing.
- She scored her first goal for her country in the 2015 World Cup against New Zealand.
- Her ideal type is…
“I started playing football at the age of five and I don’t think I’ve stopped since. I wanted to be like Ronaldinho and tried to copy his tricks in my back garden. Being able to wear the same FC Barcelona colors as my hero makes me smile every time I think about it. Football has become my life and I want to share that life with you”
“I got kicked more because the kids didn’t like it when I dribbled past them. It gave me more strength, I wanted to show them that girls can play football.”
“When I first came to Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC we had to dance and lip sync to the song. Along with my teammate, Los Gerts, we danced and lip synced to Kesha’s ‘Tik Tok’.
“I have found Sweden very welcoming. I enjoy the people, the culture and the city.”
“I like to go shopping and hang out with friends and teammates outside of football.”
“I’m really happy that I can inspire those little girls and let them see what you can do if you work for it”
“I think people are really interested in watching women’s football now, whereas five years ago people weren’t really interested. Now people are very excited to watch big matches like the final.”
“I’ve played in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and now Sweden, wherever I’ve been has been good for me and I think I’ve made the right decisions so far. However, to help my development further, it would be good to stay in one place for a little longer now.”
But in other clubs women have to work. We don’t need to make millions, I’m not asking for that, but if you really want to improve the level of women’s football, there should be more opportunities to focus on just football.”
“Women’s football was really growing. When I got an invitation to play for the national under-15 team, I thought I really like it. People used to laugh at me, but now I can laugh at them.
“My teammates knew what I could do so they were excited to have me on their team. But the opponents would say ‘oh no it’s a girl, she can’t play football’. Even their parents will shout at me.”
Being laughed at by people because she chose to play football as a child did not deter her from pursuing football and making it her career.
- 200 Broken Heart Quotes Give You Realistic For Love
- 60 Dolly Parton Quotes Tell a Unique Side About Her
#Lieke #Martens #Wiki #Bio #Facts #Age #Boyfriend #Net #Worth #Quotes