How do facial scars heal over time?
According to Dr. Lee, many scars will follow a general pattern of healing, with redness and swelling being one of the first signs of healing. But for deeper, more damaged scars, the Dr Pimple Popper star noted that it will take longer to fade.
“Most scars will turn a color lighter than your normal skin tone, called hypopigmentation she said. “But those of us, myself included, who have a darker skin tone will have a scar that goes from red to darker brown, called postinflammatory hyperpigmentation—before eventually fading to a slightly lighter-than-natural skin tone.”
Are there different types of scars?
“There are many different types of scars, especially on the face,” Dr. Lee shared. “Scars from trauma or surgery, keloids, scars that grow out of control, scars after acne (that there are four to five ‘types’ and that’s another discussion).”
In addition, the dermatologist pointed out that knowing the type of scar you have is pertinent to improve it. But she recommended consulting with her dermatologist to determine the proper course of action, a move Bonelli told NBC she made in August 2022.
- Morgan Evans reflects on Kelsea Ballerini’s breakup amid her romance with Chase Stokes
- From Cousin Skeeter to Harlem: Meagan Good Details meeting with Robert Ri’chard
- Jinger Duggar shares how her husband Jeremy Vuolo helped her stop being a “nice wife”
- How Kylie Jenner Celebrates Daughter Stormi Webster’s Fifth Birthday
- TikToker Jasmine Chiswell Reveals Red Hair In Must-See Transformation
- What Vanessa Lachey’s Love Is Blind Hosting Gig Has Taught You About Her Own Marriage
- Lizzo’s Good as Hell Wax Figure Will Make You Do A Double Take
#Pimple #Poppers #Sandra #Lee #weighs #TikTok #Scar #Girl #Annie #Bonelli